Dumb mother&$*%ers!!! Couple leaves guns in oven when on vacation...come back and hilarity ensues...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I remember this happening (I'm in WI too, but not quite that dumb). I think this guy was a police chief too. If this is the wrong story, there's another story just like it in WI that happened in the past 3 years where a police chief left his loaded gun in the oven and the same thing happened.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates
I remember this happening (I'm in WI too, but not quite that dumb). I think this guy was a police chief too. If this is the wrong story, there's another story just like it in WI that happened in the past 3 years where a police chief left his loaded gun in the oven and the same thing happened.

Bingo!

MADISON, Wis. (AP) _ The police chief forgot he had a gun in the oven. Then he decided to roast some turkey.

``Shortly thereafter _ BOOM!'' police spokeswoman Jeana Kerr said Wednesday.

The outcome for amateur chef and fulltime Chief Richard Williams was a voluntary one-day, unpaid suspension for violating his department's firearms policy.

Williams said the oven is one of the odd hiding places at home where he puts his service revolver to reduce the risk of a burglar taking it.

(more on the link)

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates
Bingo!

MADISON, Wis. (AP) _ The police chief forgot he had a gun in the oven. Then he decided to roast some turkey.

``Shortly thereafter _ BOOM!'' police spokeswoman Jeana Kerr said Wednesday.

The outcome for amateur chef and fulltime Chief Richard Williams was a voluntary one-day, unpaid suspension for violating his department's firearms policy.

Williams said the oven is one of the odd hiding places at home where he puts his service revolver to reduce the risk of a burglar taking it.

(more on the link)
Heh, I thought that said Chief Wiggim.