Dumb mother&$*%ers!!! Couple leaves guns in oven when on vacation...come back and hilarity ensues...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Darwin almost had 'em!!!

I'm still trying to find the story (just heard it on Headlines). Basically, this couple was going off on vacation so they wanted to hide their guns in their home while they were gone (dunno why:confused: ). So they put the guns in the OVEN!! They leave off for vacation and then come back home. Wifey decides to start dinner so she TURNS ON THE OVEN!!!

Few minutes later, the guns start going off bullets, exploding and such and the couple runs for covers until everything dies down. I don't think that either one was hurt though..

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: MazerRackham
Why would they even leave them loaded (while on vacation)?? Idiots.

Who said the guns were loaded. Maybe they hid the bullets there too :D

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000

It doesn't sound like the guns were loaded. The guy just threw the ammo in there with the weapons.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, that's quite stupid. But what I want to know is: how did the story get into the media? I gotta say, if that had happened to me I wouldn't have ever told a soul about it. Ever.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: kranky
Yes, that's quite stupid. But what I want to know is: how did the story get into the media? I gotta say, if that had happened to me I wouldn't have ever told a soul about it. Ever.

Depends. If they live with neighbors nearby, its sort of hard to cover up all the noise and the holes in the wall.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Spoooon

It doesn't sound like the guns were loaded. The guy just threw the ammo in there with the weapons.
OMG that's even worse!!! Breeding privileges should be immediately revoked!!!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

If that happened to me, I wouldn't have to tell a soul about it. They'd figure it out because my house would look like swiss cheese. Then again, I can't think of *any* reason I'd hide ammo from robbers. Guns, maybe. But ammo? A box of 1000 rounds my .22 is under 10 dollars.

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: NFS4
Darwin almost had 'em!!!

I'm still trying to find the story (just heard it on Headlines). Basically, this couple was going off on vacation so they wanted to hide their guns in their home while they were gone (dunno why:confused: ). So they put the guns in the OVEN!! They leave off for vacation and then come back home. Wifey decides to start dinner so she TURNS ON THE OVEN!!!

Few minutes later, the guns start going off bullets, exploding and such and the couple runs for covers until everything dies down. I don't think that either one was hurt though..

I agree with you but this thread is teh suk!!!!onetwoeleven!!!!!1111!1!1!1!!!!!!!!!11!!

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza

If that happened to me, I wouldn't have to tell a soul about it. They'd figure it out because my house would look like swiss cheese. Then again, I can't think of *any* reason I'd hide ammo from robbers. Guns, maybe. But ammo? A box of 1000 rounds my .22 is under 10 dollars.

I'm not sure how many holes there would be though. There is no chamber to allow pressure to build up (at least, not to rifle chamber pressures), so they wont be going all that fast. I think it would punch some holes to the outside if it is adjacent to an outside wall. Travelling through the house, though, I dont think it would exit.

But the noise would probably carry pretty far.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
!!!!onetwoeleven!!!!!1111!1!1!1!!!!!!!!!11!!<--- what is this garbage? the thread was fine until this :p

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Guns don't kill people ovens kill people. Maybe we should start making people register their ovens? :D

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: cyclistca
Guns don't kill people ovens kill people. Maybe we should start making people register their ovens? :D

Nah, we'll just ban them altogether. That way a tragedy like this can never happen again.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: LAUST
!!!!onetwoeleven!!!!!1111!1!1!1!!!!!!!!!11!!<--- what is this garbage? the thread was fine until this :p

From that thread where someone complained about doing this!!!!111twentyfour!!!

:D

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002

A .22 isn't a gun, it's a noise-cracker. My 180-grain .30-'06 rounds cost $10 for 20. My 200-grain AP .30-'06 rounds cost twice that.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Didn't a member of the band ZZ Top do this, put a loaded gun in his oven and turned it on? I think he was shot in the stomach.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Didn't a member of the band ZZ Top do this, put a loaded gun in his oven and turned it on? I think he was shot in the stomach.

No, ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill had a .38 Derringer in his boot. When his girlfriend helped him take off his boot, the gun went flying and shot him in the gut.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: dtyn

A .22 isn't a gun, it's a noise-cracker. My 180-grain .30-'06 rounds cost $10 for 20. My 200-grain AP .30-'06 rounds cost twice that.

(okay, :) Agreed with that. Still, I don't consider ammo to be that expensive, for the amount you would normally have on hand. Say, 100 rounds of .30-06 or (in my case) 5 or 10 thousand rounds for the .22. With the kids, we can easily go through 500 to 1000 rounds while target shooting. But, my hunting ammo, I go through at a much much slower pace. (actually, I still have all 10 of my 12 gauge 3 1/2 inch magnums of whatever shot it is for turkeys. And, this spring, I'd like to get the opportunity to actually fire one or two of them!!