Duke Nukem Forever teaser video to be released.. seriously!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: StinkyPinky
OH MY GOD! I'm wearing my Duke Nukem costume while typing this on my Duke Nukem keyboard!!!

Most awesome day EVAR. I can't wait to get home and tell my wife!!!!

:) Hopefully it will be released for the pc simultaneously with the xbox 360 and not after. Most game developers realize by now the console is where the money is at.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Who the hell do they think they're fooling with that (shitty) CGI video that tried to make it seem like they had some gameplay footage but you can't even tell because it pops up on the screen for less than two seconds

ELopes580

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: thraashman
I hope they have him make fun of other mainstream current day FPS main characters like he did in 3D. I still always loved when in a secret area you see the dead body of what is obviously the main character from Doom and he says "Oooh, that's one doomed space marine!"

How about:

"I ain't afraid of no Quake!"

:D

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Most gamers now probably don't even remember the original Duke Nukem...LOL

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I hope they have him make fun of other mainstream current day FPS main characters like he did in 3D. I still always loved when in a secret area you see the dead body of what is obviously the main character from Doom and he says "Oooh, that's one doomed space marine!"

I don't even think Duke has grounds to make fun of anything else anymore. Although I'm sure they will take a stab at SiN if DNF ever comes out.

Oh and as for this video, so disappointing. If I were making Duke Nukem Forever, my first teaser would have definitely had a dude setting some trip wires and pipe bombs. Like maybe a camera panning through an empty base.... as it passes by tripwires... and then more tripwires... and then a shit load of pipe bombs stuffed everywhere... and then Duke sitting there... "who wants some!".

To get me hyped for a new Duke Nukem game, don't show me the enemies, I never gave a shit about the enemies, show me the weapons.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Pocatello
Most game developers realize by now the console is where the money is at.

The biggest money making games of the last few years have been WoW and the Sims 2 franchise. Nothing on the consoles even comes close.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: ELopes580

How about:

"I ain't afraid of no Quake!"

:D

I love those quips. I'm looking forward to hearing what Duke's got to say this time around. I think George knows what people want from DNF, and the adittude and interactivity should be--at least I hope.

I'm optimistic, because I really want it to be good. The amout of time it took for this game to get to retail shelves will hold no bearing on my judgement of the title. If it's good, then great--it if's not, then I'll move on to the next game.

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
Originally posted by: ExarKun333
Most gamers now probably don't even remember the original Duke Nukem...LOL

I do my friend I do.....

side scroller, 1 and 2. Very good games.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Aharami
that was pretty bad. plastic/wax galore

Very VERY waxy. Doesn't look bad, looks sub/on-par with Bioshock. Didn't care for the first FPS Duke Nukem, might give this a shot if it actually comes out within my lifetime.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Loved Duke 3D years ago.

But after all these years of waiting all we get is a trailer with barely any gameplay video.

I'd say if they really had anything to show, we'd be seeing alot more gameplay footage to put the doubters to rest.

At this point, they would have just been better off re-doing Duke 3d with a updated game engine then to constantly release ...N O T H I N G !

ktehmok

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2001
Fileplanet has a 75mb 720p trailer of this. I can't see what takes up that much space. It's only 1 minute long. Looks like a Doom 3 engine.

Doesn't matter, I'll buy this mf. I can see him making fun of every fps shooter throughout the game. Why not? It's not like there isn't a wealth of material out there:

Duke: "I'm feelin the Call of Doody" as he pops a squat.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: skace

I don't even think Duke has grounds to make fun of anything else anymore. Although I'm sure they will take a stab at SiN if DNF ever comes out.

Oh and as for this video, so disappointing. If I were making Duke Nukem Forever, my first teaser would have definitely had a dude setting some trip wires and pipe bombs. Like maybe a camera panning through an empty base.... as it passes by tripwires... and then more tripwires... and then a #### load of pipe bombs stuffed everywhere... and then Duke sitting there... "who wants some!".

To get me hyped for a new Duke Nukem game, don't show me the enemies, I never gave a #### about the enemies, show me the weapons.

Duke will talk #### about himself I'm sure, we'll have some classic lines from him about why the hell the game took so long to come out.

graphics in a game are important sure, but I bet DNF will be so much more fun than Crysis. Crysis you're character has no personality and I never felt like I was really an actual person. Duke is the man and if playing DNF is anything like the original. It will be worth playing on character alone. The Jokes will be corny and hilarious.

I will buy it, I don't care if it's another 3 years before it comes out. It'll be worth the wait, just sucks they're making us wait that's all.

Aug 9, 2007
I was 16 when Duke3d came out and it probably is the shooter I played through the most. The levels were just vibrating with interactivity that was unmatched for many years (in 2000 Deus Ex did have a similar impact)
There were worlds between Duke and the technologically advanced but grey-brown dull mess of Quake.

The humor was the icing of the cake. The whole over-the-top approach mixed with some serious and mature elements was very well done and was perfectly captured in the 2001 E3 trailer "What you're gonna do pal? Save the world all by yourself?"

I'm still looking forward to it. They have to come out soon with this iteration of DNF, or they have to rebuild too much again. So here is hopes to some Dukematching in the heat of the summer of 08!