DUH!! Who'd a Thunk It Possible????

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Funny, I gave to dozens of candidates in 2020 via ActBlue and they didn’t drain my bank accounts? I thought WinRed and ActBlue were the same company? They only fleeced Trump supporters—gee I wonder why.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
heh, I remember when this was reported at the time--basically it was published that the donation page was set to auto-recur, and had been swapped that way overnight, against all previous settings for the ~6 years of Trump campaign's existence.

It was bizarre and obvious, and glad to see that this one was followed through to the investigation.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
heh, I remember when this was reported at the time--basically it was published that the donation page was set to auto-recur, and had been swapped that way overnight, against all previous settings for the ~6 years of Trump campaign's existence.

It was bizarre and obvious, and glad to see that this one was followed through to the investigation.

I can recall arguing with several Trumpers about this ... serves em right.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I can recall arguing with several Trumpers about this ... serves em right.

I wish it would have been impossible to refund them. Would prefer to have Trump steal as much of their cash as possible.

lol: $122m. what the fuck. :D

Reactions: hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
If I'd known they were doing that I'd have made a one cent donation. Which would have been my largest political donation to date.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If I'd known they were doing that I'd have made a one cent donation. Which would have been my largest political donation to date.

that's not bad, really, because you'd think the campaign's cost of transaction would be too high...but then I doubt the system allows 1c donations.

Imagine if they had set it up that way (lol--I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually leave 1c donations, the people they hired to set this crap up), and you had another bloc of teenagers on tiktok that all registered for 1c donations. Like....100 million, maybe like 500 million of those. Costs them 30c per month, or whatever, but that giant hit at once, the campaign gets a bill from the bank worth about 4x the donations.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Little boxes
On the website
Little boxes
Checked by grifters

Little boxes
On the website
All my savings
Went away

Trumps supporters are marks. plain and simple. As entertaining it is to watch the rubes getting scammed by a life long conman, I hate to see Trump, yet again enriching himself. The Schadenfreude here is the rapidly growing number of major organizations that refuse to have anything to do with Trump. It would be great if his disastrous presidency directly led to another one of those business accomplishments he’s so proud of: another bankruptcy.

There’s the makings of a helluva class action lawsuit there. Would be nice if one hit high gear around primary season next cycle.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Odds that the sun will come up tomorrow
vs.​
Trump would rip people off for his own gain

It's a pretty close call

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
"a Trump donor would have to wade through — and uncheck — to not give multiple times"

I can certainly see where that could present a challenge considering the target audience!

:D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Little boxes
On the website
Little boxes
Checked by grifters

Little boxes
On the website
All my savings
Went away

That's hott

weeds_s4.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
sidetrack note: 1st season was great, then the writers went fulltard... :p

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

From the linked article:

Trump officials attributed the excessive donations to enthusiastic supporters and said the surge in postelection complaints was a result of losing the election, not of the recurring donation tactics.

IOW, Trump officials admitted Trump lost the election, and accused their “enthusiastic supporters” of being sore losers who demanded a refund of their freely given donations because they were sore about losing. Lol! ... I wonder if his supporters know he lost the election. Trumps officials seem to know.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Little boxes
On the website
Little boxes
Checked by grifters

Little boxes
On the website
All my savings
Went away

Trumps supporters are marks. plain and simple. As entertaining it is to watch the rubes getting scammed by a life long conman, I hate to see Trump, yet again enriching himself. The Schadenfreude here is the rapidly growing number of major organizations that refuse to have anything to do with Trump. It would be great if his disastrous presidency directly led to another one of those business accomplishments he’s so proud of: another bankruptcy.

There’s the makings of a helluva class action lawsuit there. Would be nice if one hit high gear around primary season next cycle.
Are they al made out of ticky tacky?