Duel monitor Question

coins

Aug 30, 2005
I have it on duel screen one is 17inc other is 15 inch.
the 17inc is running resolution 1280X960 and the other is running at 1024X768

The desktop image however shows up on both screens twice, any ideas on how to
make the image just one on both, making one big image cause having 2 of the same
images is annoying me.

many thanks
c0ins

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Greetings, and welcome!

You surely want the monitors to dual (team up) not duel (fight against each other)? ;)

Get the latest Catalyst drivers from www.ati.com, install, and then choose the mode you want, "extended desktop", possibly. What you have now is "clone" mode.

coins

Aug 30, 2005
ya what i mean is the desktop image is on both screens not that its in clone mode. So the desktop is extended it all works fine however i see the same desktop image on both, but the monitors work in unison appart from that i was wondering how i get one fat desktop image to display on both than just having one replaying on both. Appart from the desktop image the duel monitors are working great.

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Dual, dammit ;)

So you want the BACKDROP to span the monitors? You need to make/find a twice-as-wide one then.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
It is normal to have the same wallpaper on two monitors in extended mode. I *think* Hydravision lets you span the desktop, including the taskbar, or else go with the .Net framework and the CCC (Catalyst Control Center).

kirbymixmasta

Jul 11, 2005
Originally posted by: sm8000
It is normal to have the same wallpaper on two monitors in extended mode. I *think* Hydravision lets you span the desktop, including the taskbar, or else go with the .Net framework and the CCC (Catalyst Control Center).

I'm using Ultramon on my nvidia card, not sure if its the same since I haven't owned an ATI card in quite a while. But ultramon lets you use the same/different desktops on both screens and allows the extended taskbar.