Due to an unexpectedly high call volume, we'll need you to please rot in hell.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
I don't think I've ever called a utility company and gotten right through.

3 minutes to navigate the robot phone tree, 11 minutes on hold after that, so far.

/sigh.

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007
The worst situation, though, is when they finally pick up. You ask your question, and they say "I'll need to check on that, would you hold a minute please?"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggggggggggghhh! :shocked:

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
A little trick I've learned is to just press "0" right away. It's not on the menu but it usually skips all that crap and takes you to an operator. I probably shouldn't be telling people this though because if everyone does it they will stop that. It's not on all companies but I've found a lot do this.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I like how the phone tree always has one out of place option that is always so inane.

"For customer service, press 1. For sales, press 2. If you'd like to purchase a side salad with a bucket of drywall screws using your Citi Platinum Diamond Select II card, press 3. For all other options, press 4."

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: intogamer
Press 0 repeatedly for the direct CSR

Aye, usually works, but there are a few that say "I'm sorry, you have made an ivalid selection" then I have to listen to the whole goddam thing again and try to figure out what choice to make.

KT

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Originally posted by: intogamer
Press 0 repeatedly for the direct CSR

Aye, usually works, but there are a few that say "I'm sorry, you have made an ivalid selection" then I have to listen to the whole goddam thing again and try to figure out what choice to make.

KT

The trick is to act like a complete retard and press lots of buttons all at once, many times. You'll get dumped to somebody. I've even tried this on the impossible to break through ticketmaster barrier.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Sometimes the person who picks up is pretty clueless or isn't a rep and you have to wait anyway.

It crushes me to wait like 20 minutes to have someone tell me they need to transfer me and before I can protest they put me on hold.