Dude gets laid off, robs bank for 1 dollar so he can get health care.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Why bother? *sigh*

At least I have learned from this forum that there is a significant portion of this country that don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Well, I didn't just learn it here but it has certainly helped to reaffirm and cement that truth into my psyche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA

I weep for humanity.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Why bother? *sigh*

At least I have learned from this forum that there is a significant portion of this country that don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Well, I didn't just learn it here but it has certainly helped to reaffirm and cement that truth into my psyche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA

I weep for humanity.

It is certainly easy to give a shit about others with other people's money isn't it?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I was listening to NPR the other day and a few economists stated that America is actually not a 1st world country any more in terms of wealth distribution among the populace. It is actually worse than the bottom 3rd of African countries. That it is only getting worse as more and more wealth concentrates into only a very few individuals.

Liberal scum.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I thought I heard a story like this last year?

You did.

In fact THIS story is from last year. Check the OP's link, the article is from June 2011. It's a year and a half old.

Fern

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Out of 300+ million people in the US this is the only example you can find in google where someone did this. Yes, we have a problem.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
we give $4 billion in aid and over $10 billion in military assistance to Palestine, but can't afford to take care of our own citizens? we have vets on the streets, homeless mothers and children, healthcare is in shambles, the job market is worsening, the housing bubble has burst, infrastructure across the country is eroding, yet we can give away more than $20 billion every year to those Palestinians??? :rolleyes:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Let him out of jail, and put him to work so he can repay his debt.

Put him to work as a people greeter at walmart, or some kind of other demeaning job.

You can't MAKE anyone repay their debt and what the fuck for? It's impossible to repay any debt in America. That felony will always stay with for life so why bother?

Even if the dude repaid every penny and served his time and won't clear you of a record so why bother? The system is a joke and busted. It's no wonder people do what they do... OVER and OVER again. I have no doubt if this dude doesn't get his medical he will rob again and again to get it.

America is fucked up ass backwards. I applaud this dude.

Xecuter

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2004
we give $4 billion in aid and over $10 billion in military assistance to Palestine, but can't afford to take care of our own citizens? we have vets on the streets, homeless mothers and children, healthcare is in shambles, the job market is worsening, the housing bubble has burst, infrastructure across the country is eroding, yet we can give away more than $20 billion every year to those Palestinians??? :rolleyes:

You're bitching about the amount we give to Palestine and not Israel?!?!? You've got to be kidding me.

http://www.wrmea.org/component/cont...rect-us-aid-to-israel-almost-114-billion.html