Dude gets laid off, robs bank for 1 dollar so he can get health care.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sounds like a plan, I could see the reason for what he did.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellne...e-bank-robbery/story?id=13895584#.UMk43aX8Ee0

James Verone said he hoped his $1 bank robbery would earn him a three-year jail sentence, during which he could undergo surgery on his back and his foot and have a painful lump on his chest diagnosed and treated. After that, the 59-year-old from Gastonia, N.C., would move to Myrtle Beach to collect his social security, he told local reporters.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
America ... 1st world country in 21st century that cannot provide basic needs to its citizens.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Simple take it away from criminals. Force them to fight in Gladiator games to even further distract the masses. Whomever gets the T.V. rights would rake in billions.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkr86zZaP4

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the 'and of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fullfil the book.

Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom-
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkr86zZaP4

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the 'and of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fullfil the book.

Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom-
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

FUWUTI? This is at least the second thread you posted the same exact reply

FUWUTI = Forum Use While Under The Influence

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Simple take it away from criminals. Force them to fight in Gladiator games to even further distract the masses. Whomever gets the T.V. rights would rake in billions.

Considering about half of our 'criminals' are peaceful, non violent 'otherwise' law abiding citizens... no.

until we get our justice system ironed out and the people in jail are people that actually need to be locked up (violent criminals, not just people we are mad at), then I couldn't agree.

Violent criminals that hurt other people? If only them, A O K.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
America ... 1st world country in 21st century that cannot provide basic needs to its citizens.

Its not that we "can not" provide basic services, its that the drive for profits prevents us from doing so.

Capitalism is only good for those at the top.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Only if they get Richard Dawson to come back from the dead to host it.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

I wonder whether a lot of people on this forum are rooting for Ebenezer Scrooge when watching/reading 'A Christmas Carol'.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Considering about half of our 'criminals' are peaceful, non violent 'otherwise' law abiding citizens... no.

until we get our justice system ironed out and the people in jail are people that actually need to be locked up (violent criminals, not just people we are mad at), then I couldn't agree.

Violent criminals that hurt other people? If only them, A O K.

So to be clear you think Bernie Madoff should be let out of jail?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I was listening to NPR the other day and a few economists stated that America is actually not a 1st world country any more in terms of wealth distribution among the populace. It is actually worse than the bottom 3rd of African countries. That it is only getting worse as more and more wealth concentrates into only a very few individuals.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Sounds like a plan, I could see the reason for what he did.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellne...e-bank-robbery/story?id=13895584#.UMk43aX8Ee0

James Verone said he hoped his $1 bank robbery would earn him a three-year jail sentence, during which he could undergo surgery on his back and his foot and have a painful lump on his chest diagnosed and treated. After that, the 59-year-old from Gastonia, N.C., would move to Myrtle Beach to collect his social security, he told local reporters.

Err why didn't he sign up for medicaid?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I was listening to NPR the other day and a few economists stated that America is actually not a 1st world country any more in terms of wealth distribution among the populace. It is actually worse than the bottom 3rd of African countries. That it is only getting worse as more and more wealth concentrates into only a very few individuals.

Of course you also get more in food stamps than most of those individuals in those 3rd world African countries.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
America... where people make idiotic blank statements without having any off hand knowledge of the subject matter.

http://www.medicaid.gov/

Tax payer funded health care that is better then the insurance I have to pay for.

Currently I pay around $600 a month for health insurance, life insurance and short term disability (aflac).

I do not get reimbursed for my drive, vision, or dental out of that $600.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Err why didn't he sign up for medicaid?

Because he woud not qualify. I grew up in NC and to get on medicaid is not as easy as it sounds, let alone being able to use it. Theres a reason its mostly children and seniors on it.

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/medicaid/who.htm

"America... where people make idiotic blank statements without having any off hand knowledge of the subject matter."

Yep... :whiste:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Because he woud not qualify. I grew up in NC and to get on medicaid is not as easy as it sounds, let alone being able to use it.

You just do not know how to play the system.

Diabetes and biopolar are good reasons to get social security disability and medicaid.