duck dynasty

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I like the show. I don't care what you say... this is AT, and it mimics a reality show so here come the haters. But that's just the thing, it's in the STYLE but it's pretty obviously not a "real" reality show. The thing is I never thought of it as real. If you think of it as a sitcom without a laugh track it's a lot more hysterical. All these guys are just characters, and they're funny as hell. Maybe I'm biased because I also go hunting, but I think this show gets unfairly tossed into the "reality show" crap when they've never claimed such a thing.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one but that's okay. More for me

Drekce

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2000
I can't stand rednecks or reality shows, but my wife was somehow able to get me to watch this. It is freaking hilarious. It is obviously scripted, and brilliant.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
I think its great.

If you just take it for what it is, a sitcom with pretty bad actors ad-libbing kind of funny writing, it provides much entertainment value.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Phil Alexander Robertson (born April 24, 1946): Created the Duck Commander duck call in 1972, and incorporated the Duck Commander Company in 1973.[4] Phil has become a legend in Louisiana and in the duck-hunting world in general.[5] He played college football at Louisiana Tech University, starting ahead of Hall-of-Famer Terry Bradshaw, and was drafted by the NFL after his junior year. He turned it down and quit football because it interfered with duck season, and he was not interested in having "large, violent… men chasing me trying to stomp me in the dirt".[6] Phil is known for his dislike of modern technology (he proudly admits that he does not own a cellphone or a computer) and his concern that his grandchildren are becoming "yuppies".

Wiki...

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
I read somewhere that one of those guys was a pretty good college quarterback.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
As long as there is paint that can be watched as it dries I'll never be that desperate.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Gotta respect a man for turning down a low paying nfl career of full of pain and potential for a horrible & short post career life, and then founding a successful business. Haven't seen the show, though.

Last edited:

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Agreed... The show is hilarious! And yes, it's obviously scripted. But that's just fine, as gocorps said, it's ok to enjoy it for what it is.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
The show is great. I wasn't a believer at first, but I gave it a shot. Now I'm hooked and I hardly watch TV...

ninjabear

Feb 2, 2011
no one should hate this show it is hilarious and obviously scripted but so awesome +1 to this

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
I think it became one of the top rated cable show... beating out pawn stars...:thumbsup:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
So the guys became balers by making fancy whistles. Sounds interesting.

I'm very confused. They don't work on a farm so they're not hay balers... and I don't think you mean a huge Christian Bale fan (aka "Balers") so your post just doesn't make any sense.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I'm very confused. They don't work on a farm so they're not hay balers... and I don't think you mean a huge Christian Bale fan (aka "Balers") so your post just doesn't make any sense.
I believe he meant "ballers". (Perhaps you already knew that. ;) )

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Honey boo boo for rednecks?

I CAN'T STAND this show.

Just a bunch of lovable religious hippies.

God bless them.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Agreed... The show is hilarious! And yes, it's obviously scripted. But that's just fine, as gocorps said, it's ok to enjoy it for what it is.

this

even with it being scripted, they admit that, but everyone says they pretty much act like that anyway. i think it was Pat who said they are nore really rednecks but typical "good ole boys"

Nov 29, 2006
Sorry i tried watching 3 episodes last night after hearing "how great it was". Its typical reality show crap. Sorry. It is stages and phoney as hell.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
Ya I love it. I haven't got to catch any of the new season but it's definitely my favorite show on TV.