Dual Channel DDR a Quantum leap in Technology!

galtsfan

May 24, 2002
Hard|OCP's forum has a benchmark of a Dual Channel DDR MB that'll make you rambus guy's sit up and take notice over here

I'm lovin' this thing...glad I waited on that rambus bus.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
If what you use the computer for is to run SiSoft Sandra all day long, then it definitely has promise :D How the added memory bandwidth affects the system's overall performance in real-world stuff remains to be seen. I did email Kyle to suggest a certain benchmark in which a PC1066-equipped P4 has almost 100% higher performance than a DDR333-equipped P4, implying that it would be interesting to see how GB does in that benchmark. Haven't seen any results from him yet, however.

SinnerWolf

Dec 30, 2000
with all the criticisms benchmark programs have been receiving as of late, i'm more inclined to believe real world uses. (i.e. high end games, video encoding, compression, etc..). I have a lot of hope for the Granite Bays, since i have an unfathomable number of DDR sticks lying around. If it turns out to be lackluster, Abit IT7-Max2 Rev 2.0 here i come!

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
and the dual channel nforce2 can't get an intel licence. can you see the irony in this.