Question DSP-A3090 - Getting signal to the TV via analog

DaveUX

Jan 14, 2022
Hi All:
I have a Yamaha DSP-a3090 and old Sony DVD and VCR and am having trouble connecting it to a new (to me) Hisense Roku TV (40H4030F1)

Seems like the vcr and dvd inputs/outputs should be pass thru, but something is not working.
I've tried connecting the monitor out to the tv and this works but data is displayed on top of the video.
I get sound to play thru the amp when switched to the correct source, so that works, but RGB to the tv does not.
What am I doing wrong?

Dave

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Hi All:
I have a Yamaha DSP-a3090 and old Sony DVD and VCR and am having trouble connecting it to a new (to me) Hisense Roku TV (40H4030F1)

Seems like the vcr and dvd inputs/outputs should be pass thru, but something is not working.
I've tried connecting the monitor out to the tv and this works but data is displayed on top of the video.
I get sound to play thru the amp when switched to the correct source, so that works, but RGB to the tv does not.
What am I doing wrong?

Dave
I actually have the DSP-a3090, as I couldn't bring myself to just trash it. It's super old though, I had a laser disc player back then. The VCR was king! How are you using it with the Hisense? The 3090 is far too old for that TV!! If I were to use the a3090 now, it would be for audio only. Mine's still sounds great, at least it did the last time I used it. Your tv is 1080p, and the a3090 was out back when the 4:3 was the only game in town. Hooking it to the Hisense would be doing yourself a disservice. The 3090's best video source is S video if I am remembering it right. Does your Hisense even have a S-video input, or are you using the older than dirt, yellow video input?

DaveUX

Jan 14, 2022
I actually have the DSP-a3090, as I couldn't bring myself to just trash it. It's super old though, I had a laser disc player back then. The VCR was king! How are you using it with the Hisense? The 3090 is far too old for that TV!! If I were to use the a3090 now, it would be for audio only. Mine's still sounds great, at least it did the last time I used it. Your tv is 1080p, and the a3090 was out back when the 4:3 was the only game in town. Hooking it to the Hisense would be doing yourself a disservice. The 3090's best video source is S video if I am remembering it right. Does your Hisense even have a S-video input, or are you using the older than dirt, yellow video input?

Haha, yes using the older than dirt yellow video input.

I'm currently only using the 3090 to power the speakers. If I were to upgrade to a new amp, what would you recommend?
What if I wanted to get Pandora, do I need Bluetooth on the amp or is there a less expensive way?

On a different note, I've hooked up the 4k TV, but it would not accept 4k, only 1080, is this due to the cable input (paying for basic cable) or the protocol/usb cable input?