dry ice

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
can we pick up a bag at a 7eleven or do we have to hit specialty stores ? dryiceinfo.com says limited supply.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I've never seen it at convience/grocery stores.

EDIT: then again, i've never really looked either.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
I usually get mine at Baskin Robins. Most ice cream stores should sell it... especially around Halloween.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
liquid N2 costs about the same as a gallon of milk - we use it for fog effects, works better than dry CO2.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
liquid N2 costs about the same as a gallon of milk - we use it for fog effects, works better than dry CO2.

Plus, you can freeze and shatter your hand! Bonus

booger711

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by: BDawg

ding ding ding you win!

orakle

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002

or you can make ice cream!

get some cream, perhaps break up some oreos or other chocolate delicious things. Put that in a big bowl and you might need someone to help you here: pour in liquid nitrogen and stir like a madman (madwoman). If everything goes right you should have some of the most awesome ice cream you have ever tasted. We did this in chemistry class senior year and it was fantastic.

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: orakle22

get some cream, perhaps break up some oreos or other chocolate delicious things. Put that in a big bowl and you might need someone to help you here: pour in liquid nitrogen and stir like a madman (madwoman). If everything goes right you should have some of the most awesome ice cream you have ever tasted. We did this in chemistry class senior year and it was fantastic.

Haha...I saw Leo Laporte do that once on TSS. :p

ShowdOWN

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2002

are you serious, or are you just fscking with me?

boggsie

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: ShowdOWN

It would work fine, as the liquid nitrogen would cool the stuff in the bowl as it went from liquid to gas.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
we need it for fog effects too, as the building doesn't allow smoke... and we'll need to transport it about an hour or so. We want the solid form, no ? I was assuming our DJ would handle the fog effects from there... the solid form. Or am I misunderstanding something ?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
LOL, 7-11 isn't going to have dry ice.

You can get a pound of it at Baskin Robbins for a dollar.

Almost any welding supply store should be able to cook you up a block, too.

Used to play with it all the time as a kid.. cool stuff.

orakle

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: ShowdOWN

I sh!t you not. Best ice cream ever. Because it's made just with cream and no other crapola you might find in commercial brands, it's just sooo creamy and delicious

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
we need it for fog effects too, as the building doesn't allow smoke... and we'll need to transport it about an hour or so. We want the solid form, no ? I was assuming our DJ would handle the fog effects from there... the solid form. Or am I misunderstanding something ?
For fog effects, you want to rent a fog machine