drove accord v6 and altima yesterday

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
we all know about accord v6, so i won't go into details... but altima! i got in it, and i'm not real big on materials, soft touch plastics on the dash or shag carpet or supple leather... i don't mind honda's plasticky leather at all... but when you see a seam in the dash go from a gapless joint to having 1/8" and you can see the teeth where it fits together... thats not right. but the engine! smooth as butter and powerful as you could really want. 85 (de facto highway speed in texas) was effortless. gear changes were smooth and jerkless, noise was just right, tactile response through the pedal and wheel were excellent. that maxima/altima driveline is far better than honda's. i just need to figure out how to afford a maxima so that theres no rattle in a year because the interior is falling apart.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
if the interior of the altima is that shoddy new... imagine how it is after a few years of use...

<--- probably ending up with accord, though maxima is far better

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
if the interior of the altima is that shoddy new... imagine how it is after a few years of use...

Shhhhhh don't say that the nissan fanboys will get you. ;)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Kilgor

Shhhhhh don't say that the nissan fanboys will get you. ;)
i thought i was the guy posting maxima o|/|/ns j00 in every car thread

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
i thought i was the guy posting maxima o|/|/ns j00 in every car thread

They are known to eat their own.
rolleye.gif

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix

to each their own. personally, i'd rather see my money go towards a quality engine than even more crappy plastic on the inside filling in the gaps and keeping things together.

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
hopefully they've made a good transmission for all those powerful engines.... my nissan engine is really good but the tranny is just crap... and so is the interior.. i'm probably never going to buy another nissan because of this..

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Originally posted by: prontospyder
I heard Nissan is improving the interior for 2003 Altimas.

I'll second that. My friend the sales manager has told me that there will be substantial changes to the '03 Altima interior. I pretty much called it when I first got in the '02. Nissan has been changing almost every interior a little bit every year since '00, so I figured they'd know better than to leave the Altima as is.