Drone struck Emprie State Building, man arrested

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Here's a vid of what he was flying, oh the humanity! Weighs less than a stick of butter. I do agree though, he should not have been flying there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYe9O_qhJWs

If this is true, I take back what I said about killing someone, although it could still cause injuries falling from 400 ft.

If that's what he was flying then, one he's still an idiot to fly something that light so high, and two I take back what I said. It's unlikely he could have seriously injured someone.

If that drone is light enough to not need to be registered then it's basically light enough to not be dangerous. The FAA set the weight limit based on potential for injuries.

I looked up the weight on line (didn't watch the video all the way). It weighs 71grams. FAA registration cutoff is 250g.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Wow! If I win the lottery, I'll buy land, build an airstrip, and get me one of those gray jobs . . .

Of course, the quadro-copters would be better for viewing Mrs. Robinson through the lacy curtains, creating a level of separation with less shame of being a Peeper.

Drone:
Drone-300x214.jpg

Quadracopter:
DJI-Phantom-2-RTF-with-Zenmuse-H3-3D-GoPro-3-Gimbal-2300015_b_0.jpg

It's funny how the media has vilified these hobbyist rc aircraft by making them sound scary.