Driving rant... 4 way stop.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas
Just imagine your average American driver if confronted with this!

Heck, roundabouts are easy... just know how to drive one properly and you're in the clear. Just like all-stops (3 & 4 way)... it's simple if you friggin know the rules of the road. Unfortunately, most people don't. :|:|:|

This stoopid SUV driver tried to squeeze me out on the highway after I had already passed into his lane... prolly because he saw me signal and was going way too fast in an SUV. Heck, when I did get into his lane there was still 10ft of distance but instead of braking before I got there...
the dumb nut swerves into the grass ditch runoff when there's a freaking full lane on the shoulder runoff too. Heck, he/she could have braked instead of trying gas & squeeze me out. Nitwit... :| Glad they didn't cause an accident behind them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there was a car directly in front of me in the lane I passed into... so they would have had to get on the brakes anywho.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: KokomoGST
Originally posted by: Linflas
Just imagine your average American driver if confronted with this!

Heck, roundabouts are easy... just know how to drive one properly and you're in the clear. Just like all-stops (3 & 4 way)... it's simple if you friggin know the rules of the road. Unfortunately, most people don't. :|:|:|

This stoopid SUV driver tried to squeeze me out on the highway after I had already passed into his lane... prolly because he saw me signal and was going way too fast in an SUV. Heck, when I did get into his lane there was still 10ft of distance but instead of braking before I got there...
the dumb nut swerves into the grass ditch runoff when there's a freaking full lane on the shoulder runoff too. Heck, he/she could have braked instead of trying gas & squeeze me out. Nitwit... :| Glad they didn't cause an accident behind them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there was a car directly in front of me in the lane I passed into... so they would have had to get on the brakes anywho.

Or glad they didn't rear end you?
Anyway, I hate people that do that. I try to accomodate other people on the highway, seeing as it's for everyone not just me. Having an SUV doesn't entitle you to be a dick :frown: