Drivers ED is suck!

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Drivers ED is suck!
I have 8 hours a day, 2 days this weekend i finished and 2 more next weekend....hmpf..havent goto see those bloody crash sceens yet....the most intresting was "CRASH DUMMIES" and at the end they were rapping a song bout seatbelts! it was tight. how was your day?

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
My day was pretty damn good. I vegged out all day. Only went outside once for a few minutes.

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Dont you take Drivers Ed in High School, I did, or do they not offer as part of the classes any more.

i had a whole semester of Drvrs Ed in my high school, then at the end of the school year we had a free behind the wheel class to get our Drivers Training.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
at my drivers ed they had this cool guy who was on a movie and told us that if we were in a crash and holding our babies they would die because our arms would turn into wet noodles when you crash.
Too bad we were only 16 years old and didnt have children...

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
chiwawa, yeah, it does suck. However, mine is a driving time (1.5 hours split 4 ways) from 11-12:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays and then a class from 5-6:30 Tuesday and Thursdays. The last class is August 16th...blech! :disgust:

cdan

Dec 30, 2000
Heh heh I'm in that now. We saw this video on staying out of the blind side of the truck drivers. They had these guys rapping about it. "Wow Jon, I had no idea the driver couldn't see me! I was in his blind spot." (Rap music) Left side, right side, front and back. Stay out of the no-zone! The no-zone! No-zone!

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Maybe you should be in Summer School rather than Drivers Ed. Drivers ED Sucks! not Drivers ED is suck!
-- mrcodedude

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000

<< Maybe you should be in Summer School rather than Drivers Ed. Drivers ED Sucks! not Drivers ED is suck! >>

*Ahem* Saying that something 'is suck' dates back about a year on this forum...hell, just look at my sig :)

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
LOL, you just reminded me of some weird experiences. When I took drivers ed in high school (about 96) they took us out to a course with a class room. The room had these seats that were mock interiors of cars. They had the seat belts, lights, ignition, speed, etc. What was so odd is that all this stuff was vintage 70's. The dashboards looked like they were out of a 70's pick up truck.
What we had to do is watch a film (faded pretty bad since it was so old), and react to the objects, and follow all the procedures, it was the stupidest thing!!! What sucks is that you have absolutely no feedback! You could turn the wheel around toss the car in reverse, but the car on the screen would keep driving just fine! When ever you did anything wrong, a light would come up on your dashboard, and it wasn't very descriptive. If you failed to signal, avoid an object, or something else you'd get points taken off. LOL, I feel sorry for the students that never were able to get their cars started, yet managed &quot;drive&quot; the filmed course flawlessly! (many thinking they did fine) Most students failed btw, great confidence builder! I don't know if they still do this, but I can't see it's great benefit the way it was set up.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

<< Heh heh I'm in that now. We saw this video on staying out of the blind side of the truck drivers. They had these guys rapping about it. &quot;Wow Jon, I had no idea the driver couldn't see me! I was in his blind spot.&quot; (Rap music) Left side, right side, front and back. Stay out of the no-zone! The no-zone! No-zone! >>

LOL!!!!

dammit... I got a speeding ticket today....

COWWATCHER

Banned
May 31, 2001
i just finished drivers ed...i had 2 hours a day for 3 weeks in class and then you have to drive for 7 hours and watch for 7 hours...so you drive in pairs...drive 1 hour watch the next hour...come back tomorrow do it again...it sucked ass...

Schlocemus

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2001
Haha...I start drivers ed tomorrow, well now today...bah...yeah I know it's ogin gto stuck :(

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
yeah i could take it in school, but why waste valubale eduactional time?(say my parents ;)) so im taking it in the summer to get it over with faster. I havent drove yet...mabey i should go try?

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
There are a few things good about drivers ed though:

1. I get my night license a year before I would if I didn't take drivers ed.
2. My parents will pay less on their insurance.
3. My teacher is so spacey that I think he is senile, it makes class very amusing. =) The other day he was trying to explain something about the lights and kept getting red and green reversed and then he would correct himself, but proceed on to say the opposite. It was great! =)
4. I'm in the same class and same driving time as a good friend (we planned it that way) of mine; we have some good laughs.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Here in Texas we can do a home taught drivers ed. Its only 20 dollars to register and like another dollar or something after the test. This saved me alot of money and time=]

My momma taught me how to drive PA!.

hey hey I passed all the tests =]

JohnnyKnoxville

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2001

<< Here in Texas we can do a home taught drivers ed. Its only 20 dollars to register and like another dollar or something after the test. This saved me alot of money and time=]

My momma taught me how to drive PA!.

hey hey I passed all the tests =]
>>

No wonder Texas has crappy drivers

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
hmm i've never had to take drivers ed. I'm getting my senior license this october when I turn 18...maybe I should take one of these courses so my insurance will drop? :?

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
man drivers ed was a total waste of time!
I took the book work through school, and did the driving part private.
I learned nothing! The driving part was horrible, and I think the guy knew more about the radio station than the road. :p

Anyway I had to do it, and once I got my permit it was cool.
My dad and mom helped me so much more than drivers ed, and they were real cool about it too.

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Chiwawa26: hey watch yo' mouth buddy boy! My name's Ed, I'm a driver and I definitely do not suck :| . :D

-Ed

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000

<< Chiwawa26: hey watch yo' mouth buddy boy! My name's Ed, I'm a driver and I definitely do not suck >>

LOL! :D