Drinking water, but how much per day

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

<<

<< What are the consequences of drinking too much water? >>

You might die of embarrassment from going to the bathroom so often.

PH
:D
>>

It's not an embarassment; it's more an inconvenience. Drinking lots of water when you're sitting all day in air-conditioned office will require you to pay many nature calls. So, drink as much as you want but 'know when to say when';)

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000

<< Drinking lots of water when you're sitting all day in air-conditioned office will require you to pay many nature calls. So, drink as much as you want but 'know when to say when' >>

It's a good thing we don't have pay toilets at work, I'd be going broke. :(

PH
:D

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
yeah try to cut back on the mountain dew and you should be fine, just replace it with water

Presence

Golden Member
May 8, 2001
Also if you cut back on the 3 dews and drank water instead you would lose a little over 1 pound a week.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
So getting 64 oz is not hard, even 128 is pretty easy. Granted, you'll be peeing like a leaky hydrant, but it's good for you.

LMAO I saw 64 and 128, at first I thought you were talking about RAM.

Aihyah

Banned
Apr 21, 2000
yup, too much water is a bad thing. generally water intoxication happens at doctors offices when ppl need to err pee in a cup and can't:) they then drink like mad ppl ofocurse.

as for water recommendations.. remember it includes water you get from your food. You don't actually drink massive quantities of water:p

as for 3 mountain dews.. thats like 450cal? soda is like 150~ a can.. not that bad considering juice is about the same or more:p my kerns nectar can sez 220cal:) Don't worry about the soda, worry about exersise. Doesn't matter if you eat healthy if ur eating too many calories. lotsa healthy foods are calorie heavy:p

and no, water isn't gonna help you lose weight:p being dehydrated doesn't help, but i doubt your that bad.

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001
drink one or two gallons per day. the more the better. rinse
your body of all the miserable chemicals that have deposited
residues. your urine should be absolutely sparkling clear.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
your urine should be absolutely sparkling clear.

So what kind of fluids made your urine banana yellow?