Dress Shoe Recomendations

skagen5555

May 28, 2007
ATOT,

I have a bunch of wedding coming up and i just got a light gray suit. I intend on hemming my pants (no break to little break) and needed shoe recommendations.

I usually wear kenneth cole NY, but i'm starting to move away from the square toe look and wanted something more fashionable. Any suggestions on brands or shoes?

I want laces this time around. I'm short, so i need a shoe that doesn't look like an anchor on my feet.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Fashionable or classic? The Allen Edmonds Park Avenue is on sale at a couple of places - search FatWallet.

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
ive found my eccos to be comfortable, long lasting, and fairly subdued in the "clunkyness" department. in black because its a wedding.

Last edited:

skagen5555

May 28, 2007
Fashionable or classic? The Allen Edmonds Park Avenue is on sale at a couple of places - search FatWallet.

Preferable fashionable. I found allen Edmonds to be kinda "old", like florshiem (cept higher quality i'd assume). I prefer something sleeker or 'metro'.

Last edited:

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I personally wear Ecco.

Stylish, comfortable, sporty. They are a Danish brand.

Perhaps not formal enough?

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I'm about to head to macys for some new shoes. Maybe pick up a pair of clarks or steve maddens.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Preferable fashionable. I found allen Edmonds to be kinda "old", like florshiem (cept higher quality i'd assume). I prefer something sleeker or 'metro'.

You can call AEs a lot of the things, but "old" is not one of them. For the most part, they make timeless shoes that will always be appropriate.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I've had a couple pair of Florsheim's for over 30 years.

Both have had the heels replaced a couple of times.