Dream Ticket

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
sucks that no one I'd want to be president is actually running for president.

brings up the old Douglas Adams quote, "no one who is capable of getting themselves elected president should be allowed to hold the office" (or something along those lines).

I think my dream ticket for the November election would be McCain (president) / Powell (v.p.)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I would have agreed with you up until last year. When Powell went before the U.N. led by the ideologues' chain, I lost a lot of respect for him. And his keeping silent on the deception since then and the failures of this administration has done much to destroy Powell's credibility.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
President: Jesus . . . we've all but claimed Christ as being American . . . plus he would be America's first Jewish president
VP: Jesus (Spanish version) . . . gotta get the Hispanic vote

earthman

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
This country is too divided. One man's dream ticket is another man's Hitler and Mussolini.

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: earthman
This country is too divided. One man's dream ticket is another man's Hitler and Mussolini.

Blame that on the increasing gap between the rich and poor. And we know which party is mostly responsible for that =)

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Red

Blame that on the increasing gap between the rich and poor. And we know which party is mostly responsible for that =)

Yeah, the party that is for keeping the lazy ass, non-motivated poor dependant on handouts. Hmmm, which one could that be. :)

KK

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: KK

Yeah, the party that is for keeping the lazy ass, non-motivated poor dependant on handouts. Hmmm, which one could that be. :)

KK

:beer:;):beer:

CkG

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

KK

CkG

:beer:

Bowmaster

Mar 11, 2002
I think my dream ticket for the November election would be McCain (president) / Powell (v.p.)

I would vote for that ticket too. I don't blame Powell much for what has happened - he's been constantly screwed by his boss and tries to do the best with what he's got. And he WILL say when he is wrong. If anything, his interview last week (when that weasel tried to end the interview and he said ah heck off) cemented my respect for him.

As a democrat, I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with Kerry - but I WILL vote for him.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Crimson
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

KK

CkG

woooooooooooooooooh!

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Powell sold his soul to the devil. He's got to do something pretty spectacular to get his reputation back. McCain's a solid guy but he probably can't leave the Republican Party for a variety of reasons.

I'd like to see Dean and Edwards for the Dems.

But, the best thing to happen is for Bush to decide not to run, or get a serious medical condition that requires him to get 100 hours a week of chemotherapy above the neck. :) j/k (yes, that was a low blow) Anyway, that would leave open the remote possibility of a McCain effort.

-Robert