Question Drawing a Blank

Brado78

Jan 26, 2015
Hey Guys, My secondary internal hard drive suddenly erased it's self , went to bed that night, turned my comp on and Drive E never showed up and it came up unallocated. I ran Seagates tool thingie and of course it came up No errors, i thought maybe the connection and tried it in another machine and it came up blank as well :(, time for a new one or am i missing something!!!

Thanks Guys

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
The file system might have gotten corrupted somehow but if you haven't messed with it too much the files might still exist. You could look for some free file restoration utilities that will scan the drive for files and allow you to copy them off the drive and then you'll be able to format it with a new file system and start over.

I don't think there's a way to "fix" the drive in this state, but maybe someone with more experience with this can chime in.

Reactions: bigboxes

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
This is not normal....

I would pull a SMART info on the drive using something like Crystalinfomark.

On the top bar you will see CrystalDiskInfo. The versions do not matter, its either cute anime girl (shizuka), or maid cool beauty anime girl (kuri Kei)

It will pull the SMART info off your drive.

try to post the smart values for the reported drive.
I do not trust seagates software. It does and almost servers no point or purpose besides you holding off RMAing the drive.

If SMART pulls clean, i think you may have bigger problems...
Your Northbridge Controller might be on the road to dying... or your SATA cable, or you may have a ransomware.

Reactions: Shmee