drank too much need help

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
The couple of times I have done this to myself I found drinking two bottles of V-8 juice really helped.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
G DAMNIT I can't hold down water i'm not drinking anymore. I've thrown up water (except it's green?) three times in the past hour or so. no more. When this happens do you just all the sudden feel better or will i feel like sh!t for the next couple days Thanks everyone for the support btw.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: se7enty7
G DAMNIT I can't hold down water i'm not drinking anymore. I've thrown up water (except it's green?) three times in the past hour or so. no more. When this happens do you just all the sudden feel better or will i feel like sh!t for the next couple days Thanks everyone for the support btw.

Alcohol poisoning is your friend.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001

I really don't want to drink any water cause i think ill throw it up. im also hot as hell.

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
Give yourself a water enema and hold it in. The large intestines absorb water like no-one's business. Of course, that's a little extreme.

SupaDupaCheez

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2000
If you are throwing up green/grey mucus....that usually means you have some level of alcohol poisoning. Oviously it isn't SERIOUS A.P. but you really need to get some water down. If you start puking blood (even in very small amounts) you need to seek medical help. Mixing malt beverages with liquor/whisky or wine is NOT a good idea (especially in quanitities).

Hope you feel better....

SDC

PS: Tell Tidy the Porcelain God I said hello (long time no see) :)

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: SupaDupaCheez
If you are throwing up green/grey mucus....that usually means you have some level of alcohol poisoning. Oviously it isn't SERIOUS A.P. but you really need to get some water down. If you start puking blood (even in very small amounts) you need to seek medical help. Mixing malt beverages with liquor/whisky or wine is NOT a good idea (especially in quanitities).

Hope you feel better....

SDC

PS: Tell Tidy the Porcelain God I said hello (long time no see) :)

I think i'm getting better (slowly)

am I supposed to eat ?? (even though I think i'd probably throw it up..)

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Water and aspirin.

Water hydrates, aspirin helps with pain and thins blood with water.
ATTENTION PEOPLE RECOMMENDING ASPIRIN/TYLENOL:

Large quantities of alcohol + aspirin = gastrointestinal bleeding. Alcohol + non-aspirin pain relievers = liver damage. Don't spout advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Old link with relevant info.

"As for people whose drinking habits fluctuate, the FDA is tracking some reports of occasional drinkers who suffered pain-pill side effects."

Do you know if there's been a follow-up study on the occasional drinker, which is what se7enty7 (I assume) as well as most people are? I've seen the studies on liver damage before, but they say it's a concern mainly if you regularly drink alcohol 3x/day.

I'd like to think, taking aspirin once in awhile to relieve drinking related pain, if you're an occasional drinker, isn't necessarily any worse than drinking alcohol to begin with.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
forget everything, drink as much water/gatorade as you can stomach and just sleep it off. sleep is needed here.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Water and aspirin.

Water hydrates, aspirin helps with pain and thins blood with water.
ATTENTION PEOPLE RECOMMENDING ASPIRIN/TYLENOL:

Large quantities of alcohol + aspirin = gastrointestinal bleeding. Alcohol + non-aspirin pain relievers = liver damage. Don't spout advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Old link with relevant info.
Isn't that article referring to regular drinkers? It says in the very first sentence, "Anyone who regularly has three alcoholic drinks a day should check with a doctor before taking aspirin, Tylenol or any other over-the-counter painkiller, the Food and Drug Administration says."

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
It's one of those hangovers that you say, "I swear I'll never drink again it's just not worth this". But then you know what? You do it again anyway, b/c the fun you had getting drunk is remember far longer the the pain you felt with the hangover.

Reminds me of Seinfeld (as most things do): Seinfeld explains the relationship between Morning Guy and Night Guy. Morning Guy hates Night Guy because Night Guy is a partier and never has to feel the repercussions of his actions. Morning Guy always gets screwed because Night Guy stays out too late and drinks way too much. Morning Guy also gets boned because he has to turn into Work Guy pretty early in the morning and he never gets time to himself. Morning Guy?s only hope is that he gets to work late so often that Work Guy gets fired and Night Guy runs out of money to party with.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
he might have died...

I just thought of this too. If you are ever hungover, drink pedialyte. The stuff for babies. It will rehydrate you like nothing else.

Nothing will help if you are still drunk though, unless you are talking hair of the dog.

NorthRiver

Golden Member
May 6, 2002
You have alcohol poisoning. You fried the walls of your stomach, and that is why you can't keep anything down. Get some mylanta, and gatoraide. Drink lots of gatoraide to stay hydrated, and mylanta to coat your stomach.

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
I've had a couple benders where I'm out of commission until the following afternoon. I couldn't keep anything down and I threw up until 3pm. Just keep trying to go to sleep and put a fan on while you're out. You get hot because your body is burning up all the calories from the alcohol (they're loaded, especially liquor). I'm not sure of the effects of Aleve + alcohol, but I take 2 of those when I can, otherwise just ride it out. You'll be ok by dinner time. Drink water and/or Gatorade with a low acid content (grape or fruit punch are ok).

Sometimes I feel like I'm crossing the line and I'll just start ordering water and drinking as much as I can, but sometimes it's no good. Last time this happened the bartender got tired of filling my cup so she handed me a pitcher of water. :Q I was still a wreck the next day. :(

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
I drank way too much last night too... puked when I got home and passed out. Couldn't help myself, the Hooters girl ws giving me and my friend free pitchers, so had to drink up.

You take the bad with the good. ;)

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
just got up and ate 2 pieces of bread. I can still feel the effects of what I drank last night. blech. I still feel sick so hopefully i'll keep it all down

Why do people say eat greasy food? Are you joking?

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by: se7enty7
just got up and ate 2 pieces of bread. I can still feel the effects of what I drank last night. blech. I still feel sick so hopefully i'll keep it all down

Why do people say eat greasy food? Are you joking?

LOL :D Yeah, that's somehow supposed to be good - but during a hangover I cannot even smell the stuff, let alone get it past my throat :D Get some mints or "mukhwas" (Indian mouth freshner that you can find that at Indian grocery stores) - it gets rid of that sick taste at the back of your mouth. (thinking to self, "I bet a sada paan would be great too....sigh!")

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think eating the greasy food has somthing to do with replenishing some lost vitamins or something.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
maybe it has to with lost stomach acid or something

I'm gonna eat a wendy's hamburger here in about 30 min or so