drank too much need help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Water and aspirin.

Water hydrates, aspirin helps with pain and thins blood with water.
ATTENTION PEOPLE RECOMMENDING ASPIRIN/TYLENOL:

Large quantities of alcohol + aspirin = gastrointestinal bleeding. Alcohol + non-aspirin pain relievers = liver damage. Don't spout advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Old link with relevant info.

Ibuprofen isn't great either because it upsets the stomach and can worsen the nausea feeling.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
After long nights of drinking, my friends and I would go to a Vietnamese restaurant and eat some pho. It's greasy and eases my stomach.

Oh yea, and lots and lots of water. You are probably very dehydrated.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Take all the tylenol you can, followed by a few aspirin. Tell me how you feel in the morning.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Lots of H20...watch out it can be toxic :Q

and eat some food, I usually crave a nice burger after a night of drinking...

--edit--

Oh yeah and Sex lots and lots of sex

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
I don't understand how some people wake up hungover and drink a beer first thing in the morning... and even more amazing, it HELPS them!!! I just don't get it... I can barely smell beer when I'm hungover!

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
last time i drank too much i had a crazzy hangover the next day. threw up all morning. couldnt even drink water. finally i took an advil around 2pm and went out for some fresh air and lunch. that really helped. my headache went away like 20 mins after takin the advil. nausea went away after i ate something (thai food). but dont eat too much.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: kag
I don't understand how some people wake up hungover and drink a beer first thing in the morning... and even more amazing, it HELPS them!!! I just don't get it... I can barely smell beer when I'm hungover!

just the thought of alcohol when im hungover makes me want to puke

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
After waking up with a helluvahangoverheadache one time at school, I swore I wouldn't drink again... and I haven't.

Do you people do it for the buzz NOT expecting this to happen ? How do you prevent hangovers ?

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
I usually don't drink enough to get *WASTED*, so when I get back home, I'm still capable to drink water. I drink water until I'm ballooning, then I go to bed. I'm not always in super shape the next morning, but instead of having a huge headache, I can still do my things and light homeworks.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
After waking up with a helluvahangoverheadache one time at school, I swore I wouldn't drink again... and I haven't.

Do you people do it for the buzz NOT expecting this to happen ? How do you prevent hangovers ?

Seems like you over did it. I don't drink often (maybe 10 times at the most per year) but I sure can tolerate. But I never, never get to a point where I would pass out. I stop myself once I know I am about to "cross the line."

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
drink lots of water. you should've drank before gonig to sleep..

hang over occurs in the middle of the sleep when your body desperately needs water to make up for your alcohol consumption.

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: kag
I usually don't drink enough to get *WASTED*, so when I get back home, I'm still capable to drink water. I drink water until I'm ballooning, then I go to bed. .

Ah yes, man diaper.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
You're hot because you're dehydrated. If you ususally drink coffee in the morning your headache may be exacerbated by caffeine withdrawal. Take a pain killer with caffeine in it and drink water. Keep drinking water till it stays down. You're hungover, you did it to yourself, you'll survive.

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
When you finally can eat, have some Pho. It's good stuff and will make you feel better. :D

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
just ride it out. And next time don't drink so much :p (or if you're into that stuff, smoke some pot)

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
You just spoiled my weekend :frown: After two 'dry' weeks, I was planning to get a 6-pack today. My wife thanks you :p

Get some fresh air (but stay out of bright light :D ) and wait for it to subside - nothing else can be done now. Eat plain bread - that was the only thing I can keep down when I have a bad hangover. No medicines, absolutely!

opticalmace

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2003
Yeah, don't drink so much next time, eh...

And have lots of water, and bread. That'll do you good.

Next time you drink, force yourself to consume mass quantities of water before going to bed. It really helps.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
get some White Castle or whatever fine (lol) hamburger establishment serves "sliders".

-=bmacd=-

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Noob.

Next time drink 4+ glasses of water before you go to sleep, even if you arent thirsty. When you wake up later to take a piss, drink another 2 glasses of water. If you wake up again drink some more water.

In the morning you wont even be able to tell you drank. (unless you are still buzzing)

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Idea: Throw up on your keyboard. Hopefully, that will stop you from posting till you feel better !