DRAM Error with Gigabyte DS3

shadykidd

Jul 31, 2006
A few weeks ago, I built my first PC, and everything has been running great since EXCEPT this one problem. Twice in the last couple of weeks, the following scenerio has happened.

I am doing something on the computer, once it was surfing the web and the other time it was opening Outlook, and I start hearing loud, long beeps from my motherboard. Everything seems to be running fine, no slowdowns or anything. I shut down the PC, then I try to power it back up. When I try to reboot, I get one continous long beep. The PC seems to start fine, everything loads, the configuration screen looks ok, nothing strange at all. But because of the beeps, I hit the power switch. I then open up my PC, make sure everything looks fine, then I restart the computer. The motherboard then posts just fine, and everything seems normal again.

When checking the manual to my motherboard, continous long beeps means DRAM Error. My motherboard is recognizing all 2GB of my memory, so I don't think one stick of RAM is bad. What else could be going wrong?

Thanks a ton for any advice/help!!

My PC specs:

Gigabyte DS3 with F4 BIOS
Core2Duo E6600 @ stock speeds
2 GB Corsair XMS 533
7900 GT OC
Enermax Liberty 500W
Audigy 2
Seagate Barrarcuda 7200.10 160 GB
Windows XP Pro

shadykidd

Jul 31, 2006
I would do that, but it is not like the problem is happening everyday. I don't want to go single stick for an entire month to see if it happens again.