Dr. Paul wins MN! :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I see what you're saying, but "true believer" types are even worse. Romney may not have a lot of his own beliefs or principles, but Ron Paul and his supporters are clearly willing to put belief ahead of everything else. If Ron Paul was in charge, it's pretty clear he'd do whatever he wanted regardless of what the public or anyone else said, because he BELIEVES.

Romney may be sort of like a used car salesman, but at least you can work with someone like that.

I thought about all that and I still don't care. What Romney believes could be a lot worse than what Paul believes. I know what he believes and it doesn't scare me. It will never happen.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
383698_2377151561440_1630163111_1933484_282384543_n.jpg

A vote for Ron Paul IS a vote for Obama. Is it me or Obama making a troll face?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
You're just a neocon who is in denial. According to at least one non-internet poll, Dr. Paul beats Obama by 2 percentage points.

Most Americans are fed up with the American state, in particular the corporate welfare, the debt, and the occupations of foreign countries. Obama and Romney support all three; Dr. Paul and most Americans are against all three. We don't need all these Wilsonians ruining our lives and exporting democracy abroad at the expense of Americans.

Would you find a single post of mine going back a few years where I say that I endorse the election process as it is or that I'm thrilled with our choices?

That is immaterial. What I asked and you didn't address is for someone to produce convincing evidence that Ron Paul will win the Republican election based on real world possibilities. "Neocon" is not a statistical term.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I thought about all that and I still don't care. What Romney believes could be a lot worse than what Paul believes. I know what he believes and it doesn't scare me. It will never happen.

I think Romney mainly believes in getting elected President, for better or worse.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Ron Paul is a good man. A bit deluded in econ but a good man but he has no chance in pretty boy TV land. I am sorry our subconscious works like this but haven't you noticed how attractive presidents in recent history are? 2- money! Romeny has tons of it, done bought and sold to highest bidder, which aint you but the elite just like Obama has but less so. Romney and Obama do $100,000 a plate dinners. Paul's got ppl buying $20 Tshirts. No chance.

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I am sure Mitt Romney is a tiny bit upset about Ron Paul winning a whole 20 GOP delegates after Mitt has the 2012 GOP Potus nomination in the bag.

But I suspect ole Mitt has taken a baby aspirin and now feels much better. As for Ron Paul, finally he wins a single delegate, and with that, he can get two nickels for a dime in any bank in the USA.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Ron Paul is a good man. A bit deluded in econ but a good man but he has no chance in pretty boy TV land. I am sorry our subconscious works like this but haven't you noticed how attractive presidents in recent history are? 2- money! Romeny has tons of it, done bought and sold to highest bidder, which aint you but the elite just like Obama has but less so. Romney and Obama do $100,000 a plate dinners. Paul's got ppl buying $20 Tshirts. No chance.

I look for a bit more in a President than just being a "good man". I think Ron Paul is sincere as hell and really believes in trying to help America. But I wouldn't hire a plumber who just believes in fixing my leaky water heater but has no idea what he's doing, why would I demand less of a President?

In addition to general competence, there's definitely a Presidential aura that people look for. It's not just a superficial thing either, and it's not something Ron Paul has...at all. We're electing more than a grab bag of ideas, we're electing someone who really seems able to LEAD what is arguably the most influential and powerful country in the world. Is Ron Paul REALLY that guy?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

A bar and a hotdish won't even get you a walleye in MN, let alone a Muskie. It might get you a 5gal bucket so you can go freeze your ass off on a frozen like after auguring your way through the ice with a fork.

But then again, that perfectly describes a Paul acolyte. Somebody who will do something utterly stupid just because it sounds cool but in reality is completely impractical, unrealistic, and would kill you before you could gain any sustenance from your "efforts".

<-Born and raised Minnesotan.