danzigrules

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2000
I don't think anyone has seen this here, but it needs to be known,

NB: This project is temporarily out of service as some rewriting is needed of the results database. This notice will be removed when this is finished. Results sent in will be stored on the FTP servers, though it's probably best to try another project for the next few weeks.

right off the dpad front page. :(

here

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Holy crap thanx danzig.. good thing I'm checking in on the forum again!

Well.. what to do now.. maybe move some to SB and Boinc... :D

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I noticed the DPAD free DC stats hadn't been updated for sometime but I too only found out about that messege on the DPAD site this morning.

I hope they get up & running again soon

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I found this at the DPAD forum

Stephen Brooks
2006-11-10 12:12:51 Yeah sorry about that, I really need to take this project offline for a month or so (hopefully a bit less) while I debug the stats generator again - I need to extend it to handle files >2GB, which is incidentally why LaurenU2 has had so much trouble, having exceeded this limit twice! As far as I can tell, not much has been lost and the stuff sitting on the FTP servers is as intended.

I'm also working on new components of Muon1, so soon after the project is back hopefully we'll be onto simulating something new. These phase-rotation-style things don't seem to optimise awfully well.

Having said that, this all could get sorted out quicker, but certainly not next week as I'm in Italy giving 2 (or possibly 3) talks to the European neutrino group.

So to be fair I thought I should post that message on the main page to let you know it's more worthwhile to spend a month or two on another project. It's good to try new things anyway.

From here

Btw I see there's our old friend DanC in there (x - TA member :( ,for those who don't know))

[edit]At least this happened before that DPAD recruiting/advertising thread I was thinking about ,looks like their'll be no point doing that for some weeks.

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
I don't know if I should just leave my clients running or if I should move them to something else.. any suggestions?

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I see no problem continuing to crunch for dpad as I can sit on my results and then upload them when Stephan gets his stuff together. For my part i am going to continue to run dpad.