Double stupidity

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Text

Apparently, the NAACP wants a statue of Jefferson Davis removed from the Rotunda of the Ky. State Capitol and one of the candidates for Governor, Bruce Lunsford (himself, a complete moron who I'm surprised hasn't been named in a class-action lawsuit over the splitting of Vencor, a former Fortune 500 company, and it's eventual Ch. 11 bankruptcy) also wants it removed.

Trouble is, the NAACP is ticked they didn't receive responses from all candidates.
rolleye.gif

I think this state has many more pressing issues to worry about and on which to focus effort than rather a statue of an historical figure needs to be removed.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
You mean that you are shocked that the NAACP has to scratch to find issues that keep it in the news and prove it is relevent ?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
You mean that you are shocked that the NAACP has to scratch to find issues that keep it in the news and prove it is relevent ?

it will be great day when they are not needed anymore....

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: ELP
What I think is funny, is that there is a Jefferson Davis statue in Kentucky.

Why? He was born in Kentucky and married a daughter of Zachary Taylor (raised in Kentucky).

Kentucky was a sort of fence-rider in the Civil War with support for both sides. Kentucky was a slave state but there was also support for the Underground Railroad (what with several hundred miles of border with free, Northern states).

more info

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Its not needed now.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur

Why? He was born in Kentucky and married a daughter of Zachary Taylor (raised in Kentucky).

Kentucky was a sort of fence-rider in the Civil War with support for both sides. Kentucky was a slave state but there was also support for the Underground Railroad (what with several hundred miles of border with free, Northern states).

more info

Yep, Transylvania alumni and West Point grad too. Link

Wonder why the NAACP waits until now? Maybe because Rupp was the goody-two-shoes' racist topic of choice for so long.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
[Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Alistar7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not needed now.

You mean YOU do not need it.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
NObody needs them, especially when they waste money frivoliously filing lawsuits again gunmakers.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

more info

I know all that. I just think it's funny of my south of river brethen.