Doomsday clock: Two minutes to midnight

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
While many factors contribute to the setting of the Clock, it is the terrible prospect of nuclear conflict that lies at the heart of today's announcement. There are still more than 15,000 nuclear weapons in the world. [snip]

Meanwhile, as you read this, all of the nuclear-armed states are marching to upgrade, expand or operationalize their arsenals. Rather than continuing decades of slow but steady progress to eradicate them, nations are sinking trillions of dollars globally into building a whole new generation of civilization-ending weaponry. - CNN

Iron Maiden - Two Minutes to Midnight

Ugh. Can't we all just get along? Or at least live and let live?

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
I'm gunna miss my favorite show aren't I :confused2:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30655-1342540883-3.gif

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Ugh. Can't we all just get along? Or at least live and let live?

No. And no.

What world are you living in? We can't get along and as scary as MAD seems, MAD has worked for more than 70 years. There have been a lot of wars and a lot of idiots in charge of nuclear arsenals and we've still managed to avoid vaporizing the planet.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
You might ask yourself what has changed in the last 10, 20 years that could have contributed to refuelling the arms race.

snarfbot

Jul 22, 2007
this was your new instructions from the the liberal opposition team email list right? fear monger about nuclear war, and blame donald trump, lulz.

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
this was your new instructions from the the liberal opposition team email list right? fear monger about nuclear war, and blame donald trump, lulz.

This was my instructions from Up The Irons email list. I honestly don't give a damn about the donald. I do care about good music, good times, and good friends. I don't care for The Evil That Men Do. I care to see our little blue planet live on. If I could go back Somewhere in Time and eradicate this threat to humanity I wouldn't hesitate.

Should you choose to make this political remember P & N is <-------- that way.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

I think you are confused about what a liberal is. Liberal is usually associated with democrats, Trump is a republican. Therefore if the OP was part of the liberal opposition team then he would be pro trump. Although, since you used the term "lulz," you may be time traveling virgin from 2006, so your confusion is forgiven as I think Trump was still a liberal back then.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
So, according to the doomsday clock, the risk of Nuclear War is greater now than during the Cuban missile crisis.

Yeah... not buying it.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
What is even funnier is that it would only take a handful of these things to pretty much wipe out the world, yet there are 100's and they keep sinking more and more money into them. Such a waste.

Reactions: monkeydelmagico

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Living through the cold war etc.. I suspect lots of fear mongering. We are no where near the levels of "Nuclear war risk" like during the cold war era. We should also bring back the daily green/orange/red threat levels on TV as well to keep the public in check.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Living through the cold war etc.. I suspect lots of fear mongering. We are no where near the levels of "Nuclear war risk" like during the cold war era. We should also bring back the daily green/orange/red threat levels on TV as well to keep the public in check.