Doomed for failure in Iraq

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: etech
Why do you say "of course the Kuwatis are supportive of what the U.S. is doing in Iraq."?

Is it because they have first hand knowledge of Saddam?

They were victims of Saddam, sure. Beyond that, they were one of the few ME supporters of the war. Didn't nearly 100% of our troops inject themselves into Iraq from Kuwait? Even our huge bribes couldn't convince other ME countries to let us stage troops.

The Kuwaiti?s have first hand knowledge of Saddam and support the US. What else needs to be said?

The Turks don't particularly care for the Kurds. I can see why they would have difficulty supporting the removal of Saddam. He murdered a few hundred thousand of them.

Inexplicably, even our $26 billion dollar offer in grants and aid to Turkey couldn't convince them to support war in Iraq. But hey, there was a long list of other countries willing to take our bribes.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
One thing we know about Clinton is that he scared Saddam so sh!tless he destroyed his WMD.

I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.. stop that :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
DealMonkey,
Is that the Cad Street Shuffle as performed by the Jingo Chicks? Wave a flag in the air, like you just don't care (about WMDs).

It's from the 42 verse of "Onward, into the valley of wealth rode the Dune Searchers"