Doomed for failure in Iraq

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pleased with your diversion so far?

:D:brokenheart::camera::clock::confused::cool::disgust::eek::evil::frown::gift:
:heart::light::lips::|:moon::music:
rolleye.gif
rose.gif
:(:Q:(
rose.gif
rolleye.gif
:music:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: flavio
Looking back over the thread, I don't see anywhere that PhillyTim mentioned that Bush was the only one that would like a change of regime.....want to point that out?

...or can't you read and comprehend?

You are a fool and are blind.

And we can't just go around changing other Government leaders just because the US doesn't like them, or can't manipulate/control them.

I hope to hell the Bush Regime gets a dose of it's own medicine--a few countries like Russia/China/NK band it's military together and come on over here to Washington to take out the World's most biggest & feared Weapon of Mass Destruction: the Bush Regime.

Our Government right now sure needs an aenema.
[/b]

Seems to me he is putting it all on the Bush "regime";) Where is/was his outrage and call for regime change when Clinton was in office if he really believe what he posted. All I see here is people protecting Clinton's policies toward Iraq. Hmmmm....

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Looking back over the thread, I don't see anywhere that PhillyTim mentioned that Bush was the only one that would like a change of regime.....want to point that out?

And we can't just go around changing other Government leaders just because the US doesn't like them, or can't manipulate/control them.

I hope to hell the Bush Regime gets a dose of it's own medicine--a few countries like Russia/China/NK band it's military together and come on over here to Washington to take out the World's most biggest & feared Weapon of Mass Destruction: the Bush Regime.

[/b]

Seems to me he is putting it all on the Bush "regime";) Where is/was his outrage and call for regime change when Clinton was in office if he really believe what he posted. All I see here is people protecting Clinton's policies toward Iraq. Hmmmm....

CkG

Geeze you're so repetitive, Cad. I believe the point is who cares where the outrage was or wasn't. We're not talking about Clinton and even if we were, the two situations are markedly different. Air strikes vs all-out invasion. But I thought we'd been over this before? Man, your "arguments" are getting old and tired. The proverbial broken-down-crapbox of conservative thinking.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

[/b]

CkG

Yup, the Bush regime has us in the war and occupation to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives. So yeah, it gets put on Bush since he did it and Clinton didn't.....you are a fool if you can't comprehend that.

Your incessant whining about "hey don't look here, look at clinton" is transparent and overplayed. You said...

Bush isn't the only one who wanted "regime change" which he seems to want to spew

PhillyTim didn't say that at all, you lied and tried to play your Clinton game again and it isn't working so well is it Texmaster?

rolleye.gif
:music::moon::|:moon::music:
rolleye.gif
:music::moon::|:lips::light::heart::gift:

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
WOW! I come home to check that all this fighting has been over something I said, yet CAD tried to spin his own way, and the good guys here saw right through it! I appreciate my point not becoming misconstrued by a Bush apologist, thanks guys!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
WOW! I come home to check that all this fighting has been over something I said, yet CAD tried to spin his own way, and the good guys here saw right through it! I appreciate my point not becoming misconstrued by a Bush apologist, thanks guys!

No spin - just fact.

If you people choose to see any mention of Clinton as diversion or justification - that is YOUR problem - not mine. I presented the FACTS.

Once I get back home(or unless I have access at my hotel) from a little business trip(you know....WORK;)) we can discuss your unwillingness to see your inconsistancies when it comes to Bush&Clinton.

CkG

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
*yawn* did someone say something? it all sounds the same to me coming out mono on only the right sides of their a##hole.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

[/b]

CkG
Yup, the Bush regime has us in the war and occupation to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives. So yeah, it gets put on Bush since he did it and Clinton didn't.....you are a fool if you can't comprehend that.

Your incessant whining about "hey don't look here, look at clinton" is transparent and overplayed. You said...
Bush isn't the only one who wanted "regime change" which he seems to want to spew
PhillyTim didn't say that at all, you lied and tried to play your Clinton game again and it isn't working so well is it Texmaster?
Looks to me like it worked as planned. Cad wasted a whole screen getting you guys to argue about Clinton -- again -- and he avoided having to defend his position on its merits -- again.

Why? Because it's all they have.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Looks to me like it worked as planned. Cad wasted a whole screen getting you guys to argue about Clinton -- again -- and he avoided having to defend his position on its merits -- again.

I have discussed the issue in this thread. sillytim took it off on a blame Bush tangent as per the lefty handbook.

You people really need to get a grip on your Bush hatred. Or don't so people see what the lefties are all about.:D

CkG

Edit- texmaster huh flavio? right...
rolleye.gif

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

I have discussed the issue in this thread. sillytim took it off on a blame Bush tangent as per the lefty handbook.

You people really need to get a grip on your Bush hatred. Or don't so people see what the lefties are all about.:D

CkG
Riiight. Because holding Bush-lite accountable for his actions and policies would be so unfair, so, umm, un-Republican.

Neo-cons don't believe in accountability. They believe in blaming liberals. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
have discussed the issue in this thread. sillytim took it off on a blame Bush tangent as per the lefty handbook.

You people really need to get a grip on your Bush hatred. Or don't so people see what the lefties are all about.

CkG

Edit- texmaster huh flavio? right...

Wha? What's that? Is someone flailing a dead horse in here?
rolleye.gif

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
It's as bad as the broken record that Bush forced upon us, singing his justification and reasoning why to attack Iraq. *yawn*

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
It's as bad as the broken record that Bush forced upon us, singing his justification and reasoning why to attack Iraq. *yawn*
Which version, the short pre-war version, or the extended version released after the invasion? I think the "B" side was, "Where, oh where did my WMDs go?"

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Yup. You know I really think Congress just let him go to war because they knew it would shut him up.

/edit/clarify: Shut Bush up, not Cad. Lord knows he can't stop gloating about the war. Guns and dead people are fascinating aren't they?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Good question, Bowfinger, but a tough one to answer. Unless you listen ever so closely, it all sounds the same. It spews from the same origin that practices "confuse and conquer" to proliferate it's aggression.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkeyYup. You know I really think Congress just let him go to war because they knew it would shut him up.
Wow...how observant you are, and how much sense that makes! I believe you are right; I'm sure a little blackmail and spews of "unpatriotic" name-calling rhetoric helped also.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Which version, the short pre-war version, or the extended version released after the invasion? I think the "B" side was, "Where, oh where did my WMDs go?"

Name that tune..

I thought it was:
My reason for invading Iraq is still stuck to the wall with a tack
I haven't changed at all it's Clinton who made the call
and it's him should take the fall.
So get off my back. The WMD are all wrapped in a sack.
They're buried in some dune, but'll be found soon.
What will you say then? That dubya guy's ok!
Nope, you'll continue to wail and cry and look to the sky.
But, remember I love ya and this all makes me cry..

Second verse same as the first..

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: LunarRay

Name that tune..

I thought it was:
My reason for invading Iraq is still stuck to the wall with a tack
I haven't changed at all it's Clinton who made the call
and it's him should take the fall.
So get off my back. The WMD are all wrapped in a sack.
They're buried in some dune, but'll be found soon.
What will you say then? That dubya guy's ok!
Nope, you'll continue to wail and cry and look to the sky.
But, remember I love ya and this all makes me cry..

Second verse same as the first..

Is that the Cad Street Shuffle as performed by the Jingo Chicks? Wave a flag in the air, like you just don't care (about WMDs).

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Last grave for terror in Iraq

"...
I am also convinced even countries which ejected these terrorist groups are pleased to see them marching to their death in Iraq. Only 100 days have passed since the liberation of Iraq, which is a very short period in which mend 34 years of destruction and dictatorship caused by Saddam Hussein's regime. However, things which have been achieved in Iraq over the past 100 days is nothing short of a miracle which will become apparent when Iraq transforms into a secure and stable country.
..."

Someone much closer to the situation seems to have a quite different view than the Bush haters in this thread.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: etech

"...
I am also convinced even countries which ejected these terrorist groups are pleased to see them marching to their death in Iraq. Only 100 days have passed since the liberation of Iraq, which is a very short period in which mend 34 years of destruction and dictatorship caused by Saddam Hussein's regime. However, things which have been achieved in Iraq over the past 100 days is nothing short of a miracle which will become apparent when Iraq transforms into a secure and stable country.
..."

Someone much closer to the situation seems to have a quite different view than the Bush haters in this thread.

Well of course the Kuwaitis are supportive of what the U.S. is doing in Iraq. That's a no-brainer. Can you find some other ME papers that are just as optimistic?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

"...
..."

Well of course the Kuwaitis are supportive of what the U.S. is doing in Iraq. That's a no-brainer. Can you find some other ME papers that are just as optimistic?

Why do you say "of course the Kuwatis are supportive of what the U.S. is doing in Iraq."?

Is it because they have first hand knowledge of Saddam?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One thing we know about Clinton is that he scared Saddam so sh!tless he destroyed his WMD.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Why do you say "of course the Kuwatis are supportive of what the U.S. is doing in Iraq."?

They were victims of Saddam, sure. Beyond that, they were one of the few ME supporters of the war. Didn't nearly 100% of our troops inject themselves into Iraq from Kuwait? Even our huge bribes couldn't convince other ME countries to let us stage troops.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

They were victims of Saddam, sure. Beyond that, they were one of the few ME supporters of the war. Didn't nearly 100% of our troops inject themselves into Iraq from Kuwait? Even our huge bribes couldn't convince other ME countries to let us stage troops.

The Kuwaiti?s have first hand knowledge of Saddam and support the US. What else needs to be said?

The Turks don't particularly care for the Kurds. I can see why they would have difficulty supporting the removal of Saddam. He murdered a few hundred thousand of them.