Doomed for failure in Iraq

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
And we can't just go around changing other Government leaders just because the US doesn't like them, or can't manipulate/control them.

I hope to hell the Bush Regime gets a dose of it's own medicine--a few countries like Russia/China/NK band it's military together and come on over here to Washington to take out the World's most biggest & feared Weapon of Mass Destruction: the Bush Regime.

Our Government right now sure needs an aenema.

Did you forget that Clinton supported Regime change in Iraq? Hmmmm. Your blindness and ignorance shows.

CkG

Why are you bringing up Clinton? Again? Who cares what Clinton supports?

CAD is now looking to Clinton for spiritual guidance.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
And we can't just go around changing other Government leaders just because the US doesn't like them, or can't manipulate/control them.

I hope to hell the Bush Regime gets a dose of it's own medicine--a few countries like Russia/China/NK band it's military together and come on over here to Washington to take out the World's most biggest & feared Weapon of Mass Destruction: the Bush Regime.

Did you forget that Clinton supported Regime change in Iraq? Hmmmm. Your blindness and ignorance shows.

CkG

<sigh> ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS THE F@#$ING PRESIDENT OF THE US! AND HIS STANCE WAS FOR REGIME CHANGE WHICH IS WHAT sillytim WAS BITCHING ABOUT AND WHAT BUSH DID.

Now take your insecurities about Clinton and go run back to the sandbox. Clinton is a figure head and is keeping himself in the news. The subject matter is relavent to what Clinton's positions were.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

<sigh> ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS THE F@#$ING PRESIDENT OF THE US! AND HIS STANCE WAS FOR REGIME CHANGE WHICH IS WHAT sillytim WAS BITCHING ABOUT AND WHAT BUSH DID.

Now take your insecurities about Clinton and go run back to the sandbox. Clinton is a figure head and is keeping himself in the news. The subject matter is relavent to what Clinton's positions were.

CkG

Wow, that's sad. Now you need the Almighty Bubba to back your $hit up? Wow, the end of the world is truly at hand people. Repent now while you still can. BTW, just because Clinton thinks it's OK, doesn't mean it's OK. I know you love to make your little distracting comparison argument, but please, can you focus independently on the issue for once? You're like the old man at the corner store, "That reminds me of a story about FDR... The year was 1942 and he was on the radio talking about the progress of the war..." :p

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUYDid you forget that Clinton supported Regime change in Iraq? Hmmmm. Your blindness and ignorance shows.

CkG

I didn't say a darn thing about Clinton; I don't live for the past like many others do.

I see the spin-meter is on full-tilt today. Shame you guys can't get over it.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
<sigh> You people just refuse to see the point. YOU are blasting Bush for things and blaming EVERYTHING on Bush. But you seem to ignore the fact that the same things were done before Bush. It doesn't absolve him of anything but that isn't what I'm saying. Where is/was your outrage for Clinton on these issues? Were you screaming for regime change in the whitehouse when Clinton supported removing Saddam? How about saying the whitehouse needs an enema when Clinton supported regime change in Iraq?

THAT was my point - which shows your hypocracy and blindness.

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Heck... I don't know of anyone who don't support regime change in Iraq. However, that is the perview of the UN and not the US alone. No explicit authorization to invade Iraq exists from the UN. Of course, the US has sought ex post facto authorization or a simple 'look the other way' is resolution subsequent to 1441. This is the wiggle room I guess super nations get when they break the rules..

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Saddam hadnt the ability to do harm, and you know that, unless you have the battle plans, and can show the means he would have needed for invasion. Saddam wasnt allowed to send his planes where he wanted in his own country.

Utter crap. Saddam was funding and training Hamas and the PLO. It's true there were No-Fly zones if that's what you're refering to, but it didn't stop him from trying to shoot down Coallition planes or continuing to make life hell for his own people.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
<sigh> You people just refuse to see the point. YOU are blasting Bush for things and blaming EVERYTHING on Bush. But you seem to ignore the fact that the same things were done before Bush. It doesn't absolve him of anything but that isn't what I'm saying. Where is/was your outrage for Clinton on these issues? Were you screaming for regime change in the whitehouse when Clinton supported removing Saddam? How about saying the whitehouse needs an enema when Clinton supported regime change in Iraq?

CkG

You really want to go through this same distraction again? You may have blinders on but your not going to put any on me. Clinton wasn't stupid enough to launch a full scale invasion and occupation of Iraq on bogus grounds which would cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars.

Bush was that stupid.....deal with it.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

Ummm, since when ISN'T Bush to blame? If I recall correctly, he was the one calling for war so vehemently. Stop living in the past Cad, I mean come on, it's 2003 - almost 2004 already. Clinton has been out of office for a long time now. Can you please just focus on what's going on now for once? I know you like to get OT and bring up Clinton all the time, but it's getting old. Seriously.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: flavio

CkG

You really want to go through this same distraction again? You may have blinders on but your not going to put any on me. Clinton wasn't stupid enough to launch a full scale invasion and occupation of Iraq on bogus grounds which would cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars.

<sigh> Again - sillytim keeps throwing around these accusations in his posts and I called him on one point. This isn't a discussion about Clinton. All I did was state THE FACTS to prove his ignorance of history which I stated. You infact have blinders on if you don't think what Clinton did is relevant. Keep it up - it helps our cause :D

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Ummm, since when ISN'T Bush to blame? If I recall correctly, he was the one calling for war so vehemently. Stop living in the past Cad, I mean come on, it's 2003 - almost 2004 already. Clinton has been out of office for a long time now. Can you please just focus on what's going on now for once? I know you like to get OT and bring up Clinton all the time, but it's getting old. Seriously.

Ah, so we're ignoring past policies now. Nice, please inform the rest of the forum posters of this as most seem to look at history to judge. Why are you so sensitive about Clinton? Is it because you know he was worthless but have to protect him so he doesn't look as bad as you claim Bush is?

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

CkG

<sigh> Again - sillytim keeps throwing around these accusations in his posts and I called him on one point. This isn't a discussion about Clinton. All I did was state THE FACTS to prove his ignorance of history which I stated. You infact have blinders on if you don't think what Clinton did is relevant. Keep it up - it helps our cause :D

CkG

You used THE DIVERSION to not prove anything about his knowledge of history. You infact have blinders on if your going to continue to try and use pathetic diversions to try and justify your beloved war. Keep it up - it just hurts your cause :D:D:D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG

You used THE DIVERSION to not prove anything about his knowledge of history. You infact have blinders on if your going to continue to try and use pathetic diversions to try and justify your beloved war. Keep it up - it just hurts your cause :D:D:D

Nope. It wasn't a diversion by me. It was to shut sillytim's pie hole. His tripe has gone unchallenged for a while and needs to be put back in check. But whatever - keep up the slander and mis-information - people are starting to see through your sides rhetoric. :D:D:D:D;)

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Ah, so we're ignoring past policies now. Nice, please inform the rest of the forum posters of this as most seem to look at history to judge. Why are you so sensitive about Clinton? Is it because you know he was worthless but have to protect him so he doesn't look as bad as you claim Bush is?

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

He was worthless? Ahhh, but you keep using him in a desperate attempt to try and justify your arguements. That must mean you're worthless. Hmmnnn....blinders......yup.

;):wine::p:sun::):Q:(
rose.gif
rolleye.gif

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Nope. It wasn't a diversion by me. It was to shut sillytim's pie hole. His tripe has gone unchallenged for a while and needs to be put back in check. But whatever - keep up the slander and mis-information - people are starting to see through your sides rhetoric. :D:D:D:D;)

CkG

Rhetoric? You mean like when you keep bring up clinton to try and justify your agrguement but still call him worhtless? Yeah, I think everyone can see through that.

:camera::brokenheart::D:beer::beer::D:brokenheart::camera::clock::confused::cool::disgust::eek::evil::frown::gift::frown:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

He was worthless? Ahhh, but you keep using him in a desperate attempt to try and justify your arguements. That must mean you're worthless. Hmmnnn....blinders......yup.

rose.gif
rolleye.gif

read again my blind freind. I wasn't using him to justify squat.;) It was to show sillytim that Bush isn't the only one who wanted "regime change" which he seems to want to spew. That isn't justification -that is just fact, which I was pointing out.

Nice try though.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Rhetoric? You mean like when you keep bring up clinton to try and justify your agrguement but still call him worhtless? Yeah, I think everyone can see through that.

:camera::brokenheart::D:beer::beer::D:brokenheart::camera::clock::confused::cool::disgust::eek::evil::frown::gift::frown:

Again - justification was no where in my post in reply to sillytim. Your desperate attempts at "saving" Clinton's stance from being used as a factual piece of info is funny. What are you afraid of? ....the truth?

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

Come on Cad - decide. Is Clinton worthless? If so, how can you continue to use him to defend Bush? Like I've said on so many, many, occasions, I don't give two craps about Clinton. YOU'RE the one who continually pulls him out of a hat like some kind of magic rabbit. Hell, maybe you're content using the Chewbacca Defense but the rest of us would still like to know why we went to war with Iraq.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

rose.gif
rolleye.gif

read again my blind freind. I wasn't using him to justify squat.;) It was to show sillytim that Bush isn't the only one who wanted "regime change" which he seems to want to spew. That isn't justification -that is just fact, which I was pointing out.

Nice try though.

CkG

If your not trying to justify it with that statement then there is absolutely no point in bringing it up.....unless it's the diversion. ;):);)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

Come on Cad - decide. Is Clinton worthless? If so, how can you continue to use him to defend Bush? Like I've said on so many, many, occasions, I don't give two craps about Clinton. YOU'RE the one who continually pulls him out of a hat like some kind of magic rabbit. Hell, maybe you're content using the Chewbacca Defense but the rest of us would still like to know why we went to war with Iraq.

Sigh - you need to get off this justification kick. His stance wasn't being used to justify anything. Learn to read and comprehend. Go reread my response to sillytim. Maybe you'll understand this time....but I won't hold my breath.;)

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looking back over the thread, I don't see anywhere that PhillyTim mentioned that Bush was the only one that would like a change of regime.....want to point that out?

...or can't you read and comprehend?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

Sigh - you need to get off this justification kick. His stance wasn't being used to justify anything. Learn to read and comprehend. Go reread my response to sillytim. Maybe you'll understand this time....but I won't hold my breath.;)

CkG

Maybe if you'd learn to write coherently, there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, it's difficult, if not impossible to discern any cohesive point to your posts through all of the partisan screaming you like to do. That and the ridiculous amount of smileys. As if it wasn't difficult enough to take you seriously...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

rose.gif
rolleye.gif

Nice try though.

CkG

If your not trying to justify it with that statement then there is absolutely no point in bringing it up.....unless it's the diversion. ;):);)

No - it was to prove that sillytims rantings were ingnorant of the facts. His rant was the diversion of the topic - and it needed to be addressed as it hasn't been put back in check for a bit.

CkG

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looking back over the thread, I don't see anywhere that PhillyTim mentioned that Bush was the only one that would like a change of regime.....want to point that out?

...or can't you read and comprehend?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Hmmm.....blinders...yup

CkG

CkG

Maybe if you'd learn to write coherently, there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, it's difficult, if not impossible to discern any cohesive point to your posts through all of the partisan screaming you like to do. That and the ridiculous amount of smileys. As if it wasn't difficult enough to take you seriously...

OK, then just go back to the sandbox. :)

CkG