DOOM is coming

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
It was only a matter of time .... resources available once we start mining asteroids will be effectively limitless.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
It was only a matter of time .... resources available once we start mining asteroids will be effectively limitless.

As will be the threat of changing the orbits of asteroids to hasten the earth's next mass extinction event. 🌠🌎🔥🌑

Reactions: Captante

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001

Captante, if we were able to mine that asteroid, what would it do to the price of gold? Does it have gold? If it has material amounts of gold, screw it, I hold a bunch of gold, don't want it going down in price. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Captante, if we were able to mine that asteroid, what would it do to the price of gold? Does it have gold? If it has material amounts of gold, screw it, I hold a bunch of gold, don't want it going down in price. Thanks.

Gold could literally become shiny tin overnight! ;)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I said "effectively" !! ;)

(obviously no resource is actually limitless)
The energy costs to go get asteroids far exceeds that required for tapping any terrestrial source of minerals. It would be fun though.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The energy costs to go get asteroids far exceeds that required for tapping any terrestrial source of minerals. It would be fun though.

Right now you are correct... provided humanity survives (no gimme!) that will not always be the case.