Don't you just hate sterotypes?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
You know what's really funny? I disagree with many of the things on both lists, but I agree with some of them as well. What does that make my political orientation?

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Actually these sterotypes are understandable.

It Kind of works like a racist trying to defend that he is not a racist.

Ultimately after argueing with others and himself, he finally
understands what he is and justifies it in conversation with other people.

Other people identify with that conversation and become aligned
with that persons views without realizing the core behind them is
racism.

Any political persuation can follow that same evolutionary path.

Everybody hates sterotypes, problem is most people feel comfortable
with what they don't really know.....

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum
You know what's really funny? I disagree with many of the things on both lists, but I agree with some of them as well. What does that make my political orientation?

lol.. yah... I was trying to decide myself which list I was more offended by :p

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
<blockquote>Quote
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
You know alchie, there's nothing more American than expressing your opinions and making your voice heard. It hardly qualifies you as "open minded" though for suggesting those against the war are traitors.
Really? Is <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://users.lmi.net/zombie/sf_rally_april_10_2004/signs/120-2074_IMG.JPG">Is this simply being against the war?</a>[/quote]

The thing about your sig that makes it ridiculous for me is, not that it asks "are these people traitors" but rather "are the left" traitors. How can you characterize the whole "left" by the actions of a few protestors holding some signs?

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
What's funny is a thread started to debunk steroetypes has degenerated into nothing but sterotypes. Some of you people are absolutely pathetic.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: SViscusi
What's funny is a thread started to debunk steroetypes has degenerated into nothing but sterotypes. Some of you people are absolutely pathetic.

Someone doesn't get it. :p

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Good Post SmileyZ.

and for the most part not bad replies except for the normal "brainwashed" ones that call themselves "Hannitized".

I suggest you guys look up hypnotism and brainwashing but since you guys are already gone still be not realize that "hannitization" is one in the same. Sad

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Oh, I love stereotypes, and exactly because they are wrong. :)

We can trace much of what we have done as human beings to the mistakes made from stereotyping humans and their behavior. From an hstorical perspective, it is important to cherish and disobey every single one of them.

-Robert

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
OK, Alchemize and Genesys ... You apparently believe the left are traitors. You apparently think these people with these signs that you don't like are treasonous. Should these sign-wielders be brought up on charges of treason? Should they be executed? (That's what traitors normally get) Or alternately, life in prison? (If they're not executed) Does that punishment fit their crime?

I'm interested in your response(s). Treason is a very serious crime.