Don't you hate PSPs that demand a tip in the wrong forum?

suse920

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: MommysLittleMonster
Originally posted by: Nik
Consider this scenario. You dine out at a fairly decent retuaraunt. Not a chain. The waiter smiles, is friendly. You get a hello. He doesnt mess up with the order. You notice the resturaunt is busy. You get a little hungry waiting for entrees. The waiter is exceptional when it comes to refilling your beverage with the exception of your glass remaining empty once for a few minutes. The bill comes to $70. How much would you tip?

Nothing. That's what I expect as standard service. That's THEIR JOB. If they want to go above and beyond their job, then I will consider tipping. Tell me, where in that scenario, did anyone go above and beyond their job requirements?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: suse920
Consider this scenario. You dine out at a fairly decent retuaraunt. Not a chain. The waiter smiles, is friendly. You get a hello. He doesnt mess up with the order. You notice the resturaunt is busy. You get a little hungry waiting for entrees. The waiter is exceptional when it comes to refilling your beverage with the exception of your glass remaining empty once for a few minutes. The bill comes to $70. How much would you tip?

Nothing. That's what I expect as standard service. That's THEIR JOB. If they want to go above and beyond their job, then I will consider tipping. Tell me, where in that scenario, did anyone go above and beyond their job requirements?

what was that all about

suse920

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Anubis

what was that all about

a huge flamewar i read earlier http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1600898&enterthread=y

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

what was that all about

a huge flamewar i read earlier http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1600898&enterthread=y

and why did you post it here

suse920

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005

what was that all about

and why did you post it here

because the title refers to the thread "Don't you hate PSPs that demand a tip in the wrong forum?"

Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: Howard
Why don't you let your orange juice get stolen again?
I live by myself now. :)
We'll have another rant about something inane soon enough.
And it'll undoubtedly be in the wrong forum, according to our resident Forum Furher.