dont you hate people who just wont go away?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: KingNothing
Originally posted by: Walleye
Originally posted by: xirtam
Walleye: living proof that an individual can progress a year in time without maturing.

i thought i distured.... (if that's not a word, i'm making it right now.)

Distured isn't a word. If you're going to make a word to describe your activity, you can do far better.

dematured?

immature?

that's an adjective, not a verb.

wrong Usage!!!

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Walleye: living proof that an individual can progress a year in time without maturing.

Distured isn't a word. If you're going to make a word to describe your activity, you can do far better.

dematured?

immature?

that's an adjective, not a verb, you jackass.

wrong Usage!!!

First of all, we're talking about a word to describe your activity. That inherently will take the form of an adjective.

Secondly, if you're going to whine about somebody else's grammar, perhaps you should utilize correct capitalization. Usage shouldn't be capitalized in the sentence fragment you used, for example.

But it's beyond me how someone can criticize grammar for a single-word response.
rolleye.gif

But then, you were always a "special" child, weren't you?

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002

wrong Usage!!!

I thought I was a dumbass. Adding "ass" onto the end of various words isn't really an accepted method of choosing synonyms.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

dematured?

immature?

wrong Usage!!!

First of all, we're talking about a word to describe your activity. That inherently will take the form of an adjective.

Secondly, if you're going to whine about somebody else's grammar, perhaps you should utilize correct capitalization. Usage shouldn't be capitalized in the sentence fragment you used, for example.

But it's beyond me how someone can criticize grammar for a single-word response.
rolleye.gif

But then, you were always a "special" child, weren't you?

we were talking about a replacement for that word in that phrase.

not a word to describe behavior. the act of going down in maturity was what was being referenced.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

wrong Usage!!!

I thought I was a dumbass. Adding "ass" onto the end of various words isn't really an accepted method of choosing synonyms.

it is possible to be both. you're living proof. :)

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002

wrong Usage!!!

I think therefore I am. What's your reasoning?

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
A replacement for what you screwed up in the first place? How the hell should I know it was supposed to be a verb?

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

wrong Usage!!!

I think therefore I am. What's your reasoning?

well... i have none, but neither do you. i guess that makes us groundless.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
A replacement for what you screwed up in the first place? How the hell should I know it was supposed to be a verb?

maturing. present usage of a verb. note "ing".

distured. past usage of a verb. note "ed".

both seem pretty simple to me. every subsequent usage i made was a past usage of a verb.

it's not my fault you dont understand conjugation.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002

both seem pretty simple to me. every subsequent usage i made was a past usage of a verb.

Taxidermy is not breeding in much the same way that what you did is not conjugation.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

Taxidermy is not breeding in much the same way that what you did is not conjugation.

ing, ed, will ____ , these arent conjugation? go back to school, boy.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
You can't conjugate a non-existent word, and any English teacher would hang you by your toenails for creating words on the spur of the moment.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
You can't conjugate a non-existent word, and any English teacher would hang you by your toenails for creating words on the spur of the moment.

actually, i created lots of words in english. you were too foolish to realize the wonders of the english language in that it's flexibility allows you to create words to suit your needs. i did that many times.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000

actually, i created lots of words in english. you were too foolish to realize the wonders of the english language in that it's flexibility allows you to create words to suit your needs. i did that many times.

Language is a living thing...it changes continuously. "Ain't"...see, no bolt of lightning. :p

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: stormbv

Language is a living thing...it changes continuously. "Ain't"...see, no bolt of lightning. :p

some languages are actually pretty much locked.

if you listen to people from some countries, they'll use our words for some things cause their language has no words, and they cant create words easily enough. so, you hear them talking in their normal language and then you hear them say "nuclear reactor" and then continue talking.