Dont people who leave their laundry in the machines piss you off?

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
I live in an apartment building and the whole building shares 8 washers and driers.

I came home from school at about 11:30, had to wait till 12:15 to put my laundry into the washers because some person left their sopping wet clothes in all the washers for 45 minutes after they were done!

My washer finished at 12:45pm and I am STILL waiting for the same person who took up all the washing machines to get their damn already dry clothes out of the driers!

I have to leave for work by 2:30, is it socially acceptable to take someone else's laundry out of the machine? Or should I just beat their ass when they finally come get there laundry that's been in there for hours?

/rant

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Matt2
is it socially acceptable to take someone else's laundry out of the machine?

/rant

I'd wait 20 minutes (or check back after 20 minutes). After that, I'll move the laundry out of the machine. BUT I would also stay and watch my own laundry to prevent sabotage ;)

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Yes. I get so mad at my wife when she does this when she could be doing another load of laundry. Worse off is when she expects ME to put them in the dryer when she's busy cooking or cleaning the floors. I'm sorry, but this just eats into my PC gaming time too much.

Dec 10, 2005
I hate that too. It is acceptable to move someone's dry clothes out of the dryer to make room for your stuff. Heck, if you have to pay for laundry equipment, it is also acceptable to move someone's stuff out of the washing machine too if it is done washing.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
When we were in school... people would take others' clothes out of both the washer and dryer if it was left there long enough. "I ain't got time for this mickey mouse bulllllllllsh!t."

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: rh71
When we were in school... people would take others' clothes out of both the washer and dryer if it was left there long enough. "I ain't got time for this mickey mouse bulllllllllsh!t."

same.

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
Ok, so I moved a load of someone's dry clothes out of a dryer for mine. Out of eight dryers I only wanted one!

This person really pissed me off today because every single dryer was taken up and when I opened them to see which would be best to take out.. you know what I found?

EIGHT 1/4 full driers. AHHHHHHHHH!!!! %&^&%!!!!!!! The person had seperated them into dark shirts, dark pants, dark underwear, white shirts, white pants, white underwear and two had towels in them.

I could understand taking up eight dryers if you had eight FULL dryers, but using eight dryers and only putting a quarter of their capacity in each??????

Someone's gonna get a beat down if I ever find out who that person is.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
I give people about 20-30 minutes, then I take their clothes out and put them wherever is convenient.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Ok, so I moved a load of someone's dry clothes out of a dryer for mine. Out of eight dryers I only wanted one!

This person really pissed me off today because every single dryer was taken up and when I opened them to see which would be best to take out.. you know what I found?

EIGHT 1/4 full driers. AHHHHHHHHH!!!! %&^&%!!!!!!! The person had seperated them into dark shirts, dark pants, dark underwear, white shirts, white pants, white underwear and two had towels in them.

I could understand taking up eight dryers if you had eight FULL dryers, but using eight dryers and only putting a quarter of their capacity in each??????

Snag their clothes and wait for the person to complain about having them stolen. You then know who gets the beatdown.

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
Originally posted by: brandonbull

Snag their clothes and wait for the person to complain about having them stolen. You then know who gets the beatdown.

I'm hoping it's the building hottie, but I know with my luck it's gonna be 400lb "bubba" and he's going to kick my ass :)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001

I'm hoping it's the building hottie, but I know with my luck it's gonna be 400lb "bubba" and he's going to kick my ass :)
you should be able to tell the difference between men's and hottie's underwear by now...

Slammy1

Platinum Member
Apr 8, 2003
I remember it being so bad someone took the clothes out of the washer and dumped them on the floor. It was at that point I started taking them to the laundromat. Apt complex washers tend to suck anyway.

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71

you should be able to tell the difference between men's and hottie's underwear by now...

You're right, and I can. Although its hard to tell without actually looking at the laundry, just took a peep into all of them to see if there were any open.

Cookie

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Take them out and set them aside and then get over it. If someone is going to get upset that you moved their clothes, then they should have been there to move the clothes themself. I wouldn't think twice about it. But at least wait 10-15 min.
PS. Shared laundry in apartments suck. Mine has only 1 washer and 1 dryer. At least the dryer is free.

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Slammy1
I remember it being so bad someone took the clothes out of the washer and dumped them on the floor. It was at that point I started taking them to the laundromat. Apt complex washers tend to suck anyway.

There's a folding counter that I just threw a tiny load of towels on, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Still, I'm a little nervous about my clothes since they are surrounded by 7 dryers of hsotile laundry!

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Lol back when I had to deal with that, I would take it out and set it on the top of the machine...

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: hungfarover
I give people about 20-30 minutes, then I take their clothes out and put them wherever is convenient.

i do the same. some jerk in my building took out my (still wet) comforter i was drying 2 seconds after it ended. i know because i went over there about 3 mins after i expected it to be complete and i found it on top of the dryer.

one washer, one dryer, and 10 apartments.

Cookie

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: freesia39
Originally posted by: hungfarover

i do the same. some jerk in my building took out my (still wet) comforter i was drying 2 seconds after it ended. i know because i went over there about 3 mins after i expected it to be complete and i found it on top of the dryer.

one washer, one dryer, and 10 apartments.

Someone did that to me the other day too, but with the washer. Same situation. 1 washer 1 dryer, 11 apartments. I still had another load to wash too, but he kept them busy the rest of the day.