Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
I'm tired of being a moving piece of meat, I denounce CS and all other FPSs until I restore my temper and/or sanity!!!

saxman

Banned
Oct 12, 1999
Calculate the amount of time you used to spend playing CS each day, and spend half that time outside in the fresh air. I think it'll do you some good.:)

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Yes, I suck! It is not my connection or computer, the problem is me! I am a disgrace to any team I'm on and to anyone I attempt to represent. I am inferior and should leave any other activities to those with superior skills.

HomerSapien

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2000
Just get rid of it. You dont miss it at all after awhile. Its just the first week that is hard.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
How about... you play and have fun. :confused:
It's hard to do, but learn to enjoy playing even if you don't win.
And if people give you a hard time, give them a "STFU" and keep going.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Do you burst fire? I have just learned this fine art adn despite it being incredibly hard to do after being a long time rocket launcher user, it is effective :)

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
I don't know what to think anymore. I get frustrated at the slowness and punishment of CS's respawn, I am now totally disoriented in UT and play like a newb, and further more, and I cannot see for sh!t if something is far away or dark, I cannot track movement well. I don't know if I'm going insane or just not the FPS type.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Alright, first I'd suggest turning the brightness up on your monitor, and the gamma up in the Counterstrike video options settings.
Then, I'd suggest calming down. CS and UT are 2 quite different games and you cannot play the same way in both. In UT you need to jump around alot and (if using rocket launcher) aim for their feet. In CS you need to move around stealthily (is that a word?), and aim for the head/upper body region. As mentioned before, in CS you do not want to hold onto the trigger until all your ammo is gone, you want to fire in bursts (2-4 shots at a time, release trigger to allow crosshairs to re-align on target accurately, then do it again) - there should be a slight (less than 1/4 second I'd say) pause in between each burst, but it tends to help a lot. While it's not necesary to do this with the MP-5 (Btw, if you're a newbie, use this gun, it's much more accurate and cheaper), it's still a good idea so you don't have to reload so fast.

Good luck, and stop whining :)

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
I know all that already Pretender. I just suck at everything right now. I'm not so dumb as to fire in bursts in UT!

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
"I am inferior and should leave any other activities to those with superior skills." I agree

Missus

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
LOL....

There is MORE TO LIFE than getting you guts blasted out continously in CS....

There is always knitting and RUGBY!!!!

;)

Keep Grinnin' Bud!!

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Kirk rewrote the rules of the game. Try it. It really pisses off the game originators. ;)

And you live.