Donny Vs. The World

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think the most amusing part of this is that if Twitter and Facebook were somehow able to violate the first amendment (they aren’t) then that would mean they were acting as agents of the government.

Trump was still president when they banned him, so if his complaint is true that means he’s so incompetent he got banned by his own government. Lol.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It's cute how he used the phrase "shadow banning", since as far as I know, he was just plain outright banned with nothing shadowy about it.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
Trump needs access to social media to fleece the rest of his flock for more money. He learned quickly how those donations add up. He needs social media to collect those ignorant souls' money.

Nov 17, 2019
He's the worst loser I can recall. He's stomping around in the sandbox kicking sand at all the 'mean' kids pointing and laughing at him.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I think the most amusing part of this is that if Twitter and Facebook were somehow able to violate the first amendment (they aren’t) then that would mean they were acting as agents of the government.

Trump was still president when they banned him, so if his complaint is true that means he’s so incompetent he got banned by his own government. Lol.

Now see here Sonny, Twitter and Facebook and Google are the small-G “government” of cyberspace. But because they’re US-based, cyberspace is under US Big-G government jurisdiction and must abide by “free speech” whatever that means. Ergo, if Twitter bans Trump, then they are infringing on his civil rights!!

Something to that effect—let’s see how it holds up in court!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Thankfully, as the AP piece points out, these cases are unlikely to fly.

Section 230 still stands, and I'm pretty sure Facebook/Google/Twitter are acting in good faith when they ban someone for promoting known false election claims that lead to sedition and violence at the US Capitol. Thats on top of past violations on Trump's part. He was given every exception and still pushed past the limits.

There's also the basic matter of the First Amendment. Private companies are allowed to choose what goes on their own platforms, so long as they aren't violating other laws in the process; they weren't violating laws by giving Trump the boot.

I wouldn't be surprised if these cases are dismissed before they even reach trial. And oh, how I'd laugh if they are.

Reactions: Pohemi

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Lawsuit is shite. This type of lawsuit has been tried already a bunch of times and has repeatedly failed. Florida may have passed a law allowing such a suit, but federal law prevails under the Supremacy Clause. Federal law says they can censor without incurring liability. Unless or until the federal law is changed, there is no recourse to the courts.

Nov 17, 2019
Like I put on another thread .....

Donny T, Donny T
He's a clown, that Donny T
He's gonna get caught
Just you wait and see
(Why's everybody always pickin' on me?)

Reactions: hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
Lawsuit is shite. This type of lawsuit has been tried already a bunch of times and has repeatedly failed. Florida may have passed a law allowing such a suit, but federal law prevails under the Supremacy Clause. Federal law says they can censor without incurring liability. Unless or until the federal law is changed, there is no recourse to the courts.

Could Facebook, Twitter and whatever others accused in the suit file a frivolous counter suit kind of thing to get legal fees paid by Trump?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Could Facebook, Twitter and whatever others accused in the suit file a frivolous counter suit kind of thing to get legal fees paid by Trump?

Anyone can file a "frivolous" suit but the general rule is that each side pays its own attorneys fees unless a specific statute or contract says otherwise.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
This will be even worse for Trump if it does go to trial. If Trump is compelled to testify in court there is a good likelihood that he would burst into flames. Of course it would be good for TV ratings, and popcorn sales would skyrocket.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Linux23

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i'm sure ol' donny two scoops' engagement has fallen off now that he can't use twitter for free reach. really impacted his pocketbook.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Basically the only time Trump can get his message out is at his rallies. I just wish that the mainstream media would quit covering Trump at all. Let Fox cover him if they want to.

Reactions: Pohemi

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
The headline I read said it was a "class action" suit. Does that mean its Trump and a gang of his banned bums instead of just Trump?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Pathetic little Donnie is like the bully we all endured in middle/high school. A fucking pussy without his posse, who for this sad little man is the threat of lawyers.

Reactions: Pohemi and Linux23

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Donny thanks for the laugh. I lost count how many cases you already lost, this will be no different.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The headline I read said it was a "class action" suit. Does that mean its Trump and a gang of his banned bums instead of just Trump?

If it gets class action status, that is. In cases like this, the plaintiffs have to convince the court that their case warrants class action status. And like every other part of this legal action... I wouldn't count on it happening.