Donating Equipment for Cancer and Disease research

servin247365

Oct 11, 2005
Hey i am looking for almost any computer equipment to help in Cancer and Disease research any of your old junk you dont want or if you would want to donate something. i might be willing to buy something if its worth it.

Please PM and we can work something out.

Thanks,

Jordan

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: servin247365
Hey i am looking for almost any computer equipment to help in Cancer and Disease research any of your old junk you dont want or if you would want to donate something. i might be willing to buy something if its worth it.

Don't mind me, I'm a bit cynical.. but what exactly is your relationship with "Cancer and Disease research"? Are you a researcher in the medical field who's just suddenly discovered the potential benefits of Distributed Computing? Or are you some guy looking for free to cheap stuff to help feed your computer addiction? I, and I'm asssuming others too, would like to know a bit more about you and your situation before we just start promoting donations of equipment your way.

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: networkman
Originally posted by: servin247365

Don't mind me, I'm a bit cynical.. but what exactly is your relationship with "Cancer and Disease research"? Are you a researcher in the medical field who's just suddenly discovered the potential benefits of Distributed Computing? Or are you some guy looking for free to cheap stuff to help feed your computer addiction? I, and I'm asssuming others too, would like to know a bit more about you and your situation before we just start promoting donations of equipment your way.

Indeed, there's a lot of crunchers in here that would gladly accept "donations". LOL

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: BadThad

Indeed, there's a lot of crunchers in here that would gladly accept "donations". LOL

..... and TeAm AnandTech would be most appreciative. :D

.......... no need to go to strangers. ;) :p

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
KUDOS for asking, BUT....

If it'll crunch, we're already crunching on it.

-Sid

;)

BTW... What projet are you crunching?