Donald Trump launching new (ANOTHER?) social media platform

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Actually, its managed by Devin Nunes, not that would make it operate better. Frankly they should have hired his cow.
Yeah, I saw that Nunes is part of the effort...I just pictured him reporting to the Don on the daily, since Donnie wouldn't give anyone else the reigns without still wanting absolute control/say. I think the cow is smarter than the combined intellectual capacity of the both of them. Not to mention a far greater sense of humor.

Reactions: Lezunto

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
At this point I don't even pity anyone that is screwed by him. You fucking knew what you signed up for. You are part of the problem. Stop supporting this shitstain of a human being.
I mean honestly at this point fuck anybody who works with him. I mean number one the information that he doesn't pay anybody is a fucking out there. Us here in the New York City area have known for a while how he is stiff contractors and screwed blue collar workers for years and years. And yet it's the blue collar workers that support in the most, so they are just morons and I have no pity for them anymore.

And anybody else working for him because he thinks he's a good cause well fuck them even more

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
At this point I don't even pity anyone that is screwed by him. You fucking knew what you signed up for. You are part of the problem. Stop supporting this shitstain of a human being.
Pity them? I had a magnificent belly laugh at that news. It's like being another frog in the scorpion and the frog, seeing the first frog die, and saying "Hey, hop aboard!"

PS: Fuck scorpions, lying bastards. RIP Fred <3

Reactions: KMFJD

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

:pikachuface:

im shocked, donald john trump not paying bills? get outta here

I love it.

I mean...you know why they just. keep. doing. work. for this guy, right? ...and then like, you all know why they also get mad that they get stiffed and have to sell their houses/divorce their wives/become meth addicts, etc, right? because of this guy?

It's because they love it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Pity them? I had a magnificent belly laugh at that news. It's like being another frog in the scorpion and the frog, seeing the first frog die, and saying "Hey, hop aboard!"

PS: Fuck scorpions, lying bastards. RIP Fred <3

god damn it. don't bring up that shit again.

...it's like, what, 2 dozen scorpion and frog references, in our culture's streaming platform / "high brow" drama sector of writing entertainment over the last 5 years.

Don't bring that here on AT, too, man. I can't take it anymore! (seriously, has anyone else noticed how just about every show or "entertainment" worth anything in the last ~5+ years tosses in a scorpion and frog aside to basically summarize that episode/character/entire storyline/entire series premise?)

I mean..that's a real thing. It's everywhere. And it's a bleak fucking metaphor that is pretty much defining our time right now.

(seriously: she^ gets it; she just referenced it because....everyone is bringing that shit up, constantly these days. Because that's where our brains are tuned. We all imagine ourselves as either that frog or that scorpion, but the specific problem that we face is that one of us doesn't actually understand that, while, they are the metaphorical__point__of__the__story__scorpion....but actually believing that they are "the scorpion" because in their brains, scorpion = something I never actually learned about how evolution actually works so [insert misunderstood 'survival of the 'fittest!'' argument here] therefore, : badass! derp!")

That's is what we are living in right now. We have to breath in this same space, somehow.

Think about it. .... :beer:

(I would say /rant over but no....that's actually a thing I've notice for about 2+ years now and it's finally starting to make sense. ...so, you're welcome!)

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
"Truth Social". Isn't it sooooooo conservative to conveniently brand something that's contrary to it's meaning in every way possible, to disguise their intentions so as to hide their true intentions of lying their asses off in order to justify why being racist, protectionist, isolationist, traditionalist, religiously fanatical and being superior is somehow being superlatively patriotic.

Well, when all they've got are lies to believe in, those lies become their version of what their world would like to look like and not bother with how to reconcile that with the real one because it would be too frightening and problematic to do so, of which they really did bring upon themselves. Falling back on victimhood and projecting simply made things worse.

But who's to blame for their enigmatic world view? Well, assigning themselves as the perpetual victims of the "establishment", it can't be themselves, right? So it must be everyone else in the world. The world is after them. No one else can be trusted except those folks who sold them an ideology that fits their world view of things of which ironically are the same folks who propagandized them into thinking the way they do in the first place.

A perfect circular ride with no way to get off is what the folks who own the GOP built for their working class dupes and a ride that is speeding up almost beyond its ability to defy nature's gravitational pull of logic to destroy it, taking everyone else with it.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I just checked Google Play, they STILL haven't gotten an app approved yet. There's a place marker where you can:
"Pre-register for a chance to get early access to this game"

Game? I mean it would be amusing in a really sad kinda way to use the app I guess.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
god damn it. don't bring up that shit again.

...it's like, what, 2 dozen scorpion and frog references, in our culture's streaming platform / "high brow" drama sector of writing entertainment over the last 5 years.

Don't bring that here on AT, too, man. I can't take it anymore! (seriously, has anyone else noticed how just about every show or "entertainment" worth anything in the last ~5+ years tosses in a scorpion and frog aside to basically summarize that episode/character/entire storyline/entire series premise?)

I mean..that's a real thing. It's everywhere. And it's a bleak fucking metaphor that is pretty much defining our time right now.

(seriously: she^ gets it; she just referenced it because....everyone is bringing that shit up, constantly these days. Because that's where our brains are tuned. We all imagine ourselves as either that frog or that scorpion, but the specific problem that we face is that one of us doesn't actually understand that, while, they are the metaphorical__point__of__the__story__scorpion....but actually believing that they are "the scorpion" because in their brains, scorpion = something I never actually learned about how evolution actually works so [insert misunderstood 'survival of the 'fittest!'' argument here] therefore, : badass! derp!")

That's is what we are living in right now. We have to breath in this same space, somehow.

Think about it. .... :beer:

(I would say /rant over but no....that's actually a thing I've notice for about 2+ years now and it's finally starting to make sense. ...so, you're welcome!)
I'm a fucking frog, I'm entitled to use the metaphor
7G3zITG.png

I can't say I've specifically noticed it cropping up, but I don't watch a lot of popular media so it's likely I've missed out on a lot of them. My condolences on your metaphoric over-satiation :p

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The Trumpies need a place to share their lies and misinformation, the better to alchemize those falsehoods into a version that they can all get behind and declare them as their own iteration of what facts and truths are. So I really do wonder how a source of conservative political entertainment whose express purpose is to deceive and misinform its participants in order to formulate and perpetuate false narratives that are meant to prioritize the emotional instincts of its members over their rational reasoning instincts can survive in a nation that is free to criticize it, debunk it, make fun of it and pick it apart to the core of its infinitesimal being.

Living in a world where living in a state of denial and victimhood in order to justify one's existence is living in a state of constant peril. It just doesn't make any kind of sense to want to be that way. Any and all explanations that I've been exposed to doesn't withstand the test of making logical sense of it all. Yet there must be some kind of purpose, a raison d'etre that compels millions of conservatives to exist in such a vulnerable fashion.

And look at what they've decided to do to keep living in that made up world of theirs: They want to force everyone else to live the lie that they do by morphing our cherished democracy into a fascist state led by, of all people, Donald Fucking Trump. lol