Donald Trump launching new (ANOTHER?) social media platform

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I tried to short DWAC a couple of weeks ago but TD wouldn't let me. Still need to contact them and get that fixed, seems like easy money.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Feb 4, 2009
93% drop in signups?

I guess that's what happens when troll farms in Russia shut down because they can't afford to keep their servers running and remote Russian botfarms in countries like Ukraine get shelled into oblivion by their own army.

interesting thought

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Reactions: hal2kilo

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
This has probably already been mentioned, but Trump is crying a river that Google is trying to fuck him by not having the Truth Social app available on Google Play. I don't think that they are trying to screw trump; I think they are doing just that without trying at all. Trump must think that because he has a product that it should be available everywhere it could possibly be. He probably thinks that there is some law that they are breaking. Personally I think that the media should completely ignore Trump as his input into anything that happens in the US is absolutely meaningless and is only of interest to MAGAtards.

Reactions: Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
This has probably already been mentioned, but Trump is crying a river that Google is trying to fuck him by not having the Truth Social app available on Google Play. I don't think that they are trying to screw trump; I think they are doing just that without trying at all. Trump must think that because he has a product that it should be available everywhere it could possibly be. He probably thinks that there is some law that they are breaking. Personally I think that the media should completely ignore Trump as his input into anything that happens in the US is absolutely meaningless and is only of interest to MAGAtards.
They can always sideload. Google is not obligated to host anyone

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
They can always sideload. Google is not obligated to host anyone

9L1rA2i.jpg

like grandpa magatarian is gonna side load, back to fox news!

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Umm maybe try submitting it for approval first?

As of Tuesday, Truth Social hasn’t even submitted an Android app to Google to review for Play Store approval, an individual familiar with the matter and two Trumpworld sources with knowledge of the situation tell Rolling Stone.

‘Is Google Trying to Fuck Me?’ Trump’s Tech Paranoia Hits New Level (yahoo.com)

I realize that's a report from Rolling Stone, but this is a Trump endeavor being led by Nunes.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

It also shows that Trump knows nothing about how Android apps can be distbuted. Google never said they are banning Truth Social from Android phones, they only banned it from Google Play. In fact, originally Firefox Aurora for Android used to be downloaded manually and installed via an APK file. This is what Google is trying to tell Trump to do with his "Truth Social" app. It also tells you that Trump most likely owns an iPhone.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Actually, its managed by Devin Nunes, not that would make it operate better. Frankly they should have hired his cow.

Does Devin's Cow have a Truth Social account? I heard Truth Social is about freedom of expression.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo