Donald Trump Just Declared the Date ofHis Own Inauguration A National Day of Patriotism

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/23/trum...riotic-devotionbut-you-already-missed-it.html

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2017-01798.pdf

The proclamation reads as follows:

A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose. Freedom is the birthright of all Americans, and to preserve that freedom we must maintain faith in our sacred values and heritage.​

Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people.​

There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.​

There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.​

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of Government to the people.​

I'm sure it sounds better in the original Russian/North Korean/German. Such statements of overcompensating nationalism are a hallmark of authoritarian states, and for him to declare this on a day which saw riots and protests against his inauguration across the country couldn’t be a more poignant contrast. This is the height of narcissism and a clear expression of how far Donald Trump is willing to go to rewrite reality and to boost his own image.

Title edited to reflect reality.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2005
Remember when the ultra right used to try and call Obama 'Dear Leader'? Anyone want to take bets on how many of them notice the irony of that?
It'll probably go something like "You're twisting his words, Hillary, emails, crybaby liberals..."

Jan 25, 2011
Remember when the ultra right used to try and call Obama 'Dear Leader'? Anyone want to take bets on how many of them notice the irony of that?
I notice none of them have been counting the number of times "me" and "I" are used in a Trump speech. Fuck some sites even did that for Obama's farewell speech in Chicago.

Jan 25, 2011
Now for some context.

Now, Therefore, I, Barack Obama, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century.

Every president does this for their inauguration. This is nothing.

Reactions: Cozarkian

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014
You can't make this stuff up.
Sure you can make this up, you all just did, amazing how gullible democrats are.

It's fakes news, but seeing you all are stupid, go a head and believe it.

Trump also declared himself King today, and all Democrats must kiss every Republicans ass each and every day.

It is NOT fake news.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

CountZero

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2001
Now for some context.

Now, Therefore, I, Barack Obama, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century.

Every president does this for their inauguration. This is nothing.

Both of these are creepy. Was it started with Obama or is this something presidents have done on first inaugurations for a while now?

Jan 25, 2011
Both of these are creepy. Was it started with Obama or is this something presidents have done on first inaugurations for a while now?
It's gone on a very long time. it really is a non issue. It's a tradition borne by each new President.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 21, 2001, a National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving and call upon the citizens of our Nation to gather together in homes and places of worship to pray alone and together and offer thanksgiving to God for all the blessings of this great and good land.

Last edited:
Reactions: MongGrel

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
"National Day of Patriotic Devotion"

For those who wish to be servile to der fuhrer.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sure you can make this up, you all just did, amazing how gullible democrats are.

It's fakes news, but seeing you all are stupid, go a head and believe it.

Trump also declared himself King today, and all Democrats must kiss every Republicans ass each and every day.

You do know this is in the Federal Register, right?

I do think a lot of people are missing that this is a tradition (I wish I'd caught that earlier), but this is most definitely not fake news.

vampirefo

Nov 30, 2014

I do think a lot of people are missing that this is a tradition (I wish I'd caught that earlier), but this is most definitely not fake news.
It fakes news on how this thread is displaying it, this thread is a prime example of how Liberia's lie and turn nothing into something just to try and smear Trump.

Jan 25, 2011

It is fake in the sense that nothing was declared a national holiday and it isn't indicative of anything. The fact the proclamation exist is real. The freak outs online about it today... Not based in any reality.

Jan 25, 2011
It fakes news on how this thread is displaying it, this thread is a prime example of how Liberia's lie and turn nothing into something just to try and smear Trump.
You'd be far better served to not throw out insults in every single post you make. You want your opinion to be taken seriously or do you want to be perceived as a clown here only for amusement?

Most here are capable of reasonable discussion. They deserve far better.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/23/trum...riotic-devotionbut-you-already-missed-it.html

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2017-01798.pdf

The proclamation reads as follows:

A new national pride stirs the American soul and inspires the American heart. We are one people, united by a common destiny and a shared purpose. Freedom is the birthright of all Americans, and to preserve that freedom we must maintain faith in our sacred values and heritage.​

Our Constitution is written on parchment, but it lives in the hearts of the American people.​

There is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it.​

There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.​

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country — and to renew the duties of Government to the people.​

I'm sure it sounds better in the original Russian/North Korean/German. Such statements of overcompensating nationalism are a hallmark of authoritarian states, and for him to declare this on a day which saw riots and protests against his inauguration across the country couldn’t be a more poignant contrast. This is the height of narcissism and a clear expression of how far Donald Trump is willing to go to rewrite reality and to boost his own image.

Title edited to reflect reality.
admin allisolm

BAHAHAHA y'all better start praying to your god or he'll deport ya.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
And the left falls yet again for more fake news. Stop, take a breath, reflect, confirm then post. We all benefit and the bonus is that you don't look like a simpleton.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
You'd be far better served to not throw out insults in every single post you make. You want your opinion to be taken seriously or do you want to be perceived as a clown here only for amusement?

Most here are capable of reasonable discussion. They deserve far better.

If conservatives were smart they'd throw it under the bus to save themselves the humiliation of relating to it as their own, but they didn't get this far by disassociating from the worse elements of american society.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
It is fake in the sense that nothing was declared a national holiday and it isn't indicative of anything. The fact the proclamation exist is real. The freak outs online about it today... Not based in any reality.

Well, I do think it's indicative of the general tone Trump wants to set. Obama's was "renewal and reconciliation;" Trump's is nationalism.