Donald Trump 2020

Page 71 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm out of the loop. How did he save suburbia? I recently bought a house in a suburban area and was not aware of any danger.
HUD had a initiative to encourage the construction of modest housing and failed to explicitly exclude affluent suburban areas from being eligible for the program. Trump killed it.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
HUD had a initiative to encourage the construction of modest housing and failed to explicitly exclude affluent suburban areas from being eligible for the program. Trump killed it.
Oh, he saved suburbia from having to undergo another round of white flight. Got it.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
In case anyone was wondering what the GOP Senators actually think about Trump when not talking to the press, here is a partial transcript of a call between Ben Stasse and constituents. The constituent asks Sasse why he criticizes Trump sometimes. And the answer -

So the way he kisses dictators butts. I mean, the way he ignores that the Uighurs are in literal concentration camps in Xinjiang right now. He hasn’t lifted a finger on behalf of the Hong Kongers.
I mean, he and I have a very different foreign policy. It isn’t just that he fails to lead our allies, is that the United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership. The way he treats women, and spends like a drunken sailor, the ways I criticized President Obama for that kind of spending, I criticize President Trump for it as well. He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors (!) His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He’s flirted with white supremacists. I mean, the places where we differed on COVID. He, at the beginning of the COVID crisis, he refused to treat it seriously for months, he treated it like a news cycle by news cycle PR crisis rather than a multi-year public health challenge, which is what it is.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Iowa is a state that has confused me. I lived in eastern Iowa for almost 10 years. Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, ect. It's reasonably good people and used to be "leans democrat". I don't know what about the current state of the GOP is appealing to them and how they have continued to put up with the souless and empty shell of Chuck Grassley. Jonie Ernst. And their current death cult leader of governor. I still hold out hope that they come back around to reason again.

Reactions: skyking

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

An amazing read. They have the actual documents to review that support what they are saying.

“Some people also like to suggest that Deutsche Bank is the only institution willing to lend to Trump. That’s not true. The president’s creditors include at least six other institutions, two of which began or reworked deals while the president was in office.

One reason for all the confusion: Trump’s loans are not fully transparent. It’s still unclear to whom he owes an estimated $162 million against his skyscraper in San Francisco, for example. The loan against 1290 Avenue of the Americas is also something of a mystery. And it’s difficult to pin down the amount the president owes on a loan tied to his Bedford, New York, mansion. When asked about all of this, the Trump Organization did not respond.”

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Iowa is a state that has confused me. I lived in eastern Iowa for almost 10 years. Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, ect. It's reasonably good people and used to be "leans democrat". I don't know what about the current state of the GOP is appealing to them and how they have continued to put up with the souless and empty shell of Chuck Grassley. Jonie Ernst. And their current death cult leader of governor. I still hold out hope that they come back around to reason again.

I feel your pain, I feel your pain.
Governor Reynolds. She can spin bad covid news into good fake covid news like an iOwa tornado spins rednecks in a trailer park. And Chuck Grassley, owned and paid for by the banks. Grassley, pocketing millions from the big banks, yet every election cycle old Chuckie hangs up his $2000 suit, dusts off his old worn farmer overalls, and returns to iOwa driving around campaigning in his faded blue 1970's Chevy truck. Pretending to be that down home iOwan good ole boy. And Joni Ernst, the candidate who promised to castrate Washington but instead castrated affordable healthcare for iOwans. Her hubby divorced her ASAP and ran away as fast as he could. If an Iowan looks up at the full iOwa moon during a still iOwa night, they can see Joni Ernst flying around that moon on her broom. So why do these creeps keep getting reelected? Because IT'S IOWA. They don't know better. How can they? (queue the banjo music)

Jan 25, 2011
Well... that happened.

EkfhQZ3X0AUnBqc

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Of course it's worse.

Dipshit is actually >$1billion in debt

Anyone know how much that is in rubles? If you can't pass a back ground check, you shouldn't be able to run for ANY office.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If Donald Trump wins, I can just imagine a second term Trump presidency. The Covid would run rampant as no one can imagine while Donald Trump enacts strict executive actions banning cities and states from closing down, and also requiring all business and all schools nationwide to remain open regardless of the infections or the deaths.

And as American would now have more reason than never before to riot and protest, president Donald Trump would use federal force to ban all descent and ban all public protests. All protest would be banned unless it were a protest in support of Donald Trump.

As for healthcare, Obamacare would be completely extinguished and replaced by nada. By nothing. The conversation over protecting pre-existing conditions would fade away to be addressed no more as American healthcare returned back to exactly what we had before Obamacare. The very same healthcare for profit system as we had before the ACA. Exactly the way this president and congressional republicans want it. Returning back to insurance company lobbyist with suitcases full of money and congressional republicans with wide open pockets. Exactly as it was before.

And as for individual rights and freedom of speech, Donald Trump would enact laws limiting what could be said on social media that might hurt the agenda of Donald Trump. Laws currently protecting freedom of speech would be revisited by Trump’s new US Supreme Court and either struck down or revised to protect the agenda of Donald Trump. Donald Trump and his agenda would be allowed to post anything they desired whether true or not, while everyone else would be banned from posting or exchanging anything considered anti Trump, anti Trump agenda, or anti Trump administration.

And most definitely, Donald Trump would eliminate and then control any and all legal actions or attempts targeting Trump business, Trump taxes, Trump finances including past, present and future financial endeavors. No individual, no legal institution would be allowed to investigate or to question the financial activities of Donald Trump Inc.

And so.... what else would Donald Trump do if given a second term?

Status
Not open for further replies.