Donald Trump 2020

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You may not see them but you'll sure heck hear them. Yesterday was an F35 day at the local air guard field. Freedom is noisesome.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
never forget...

VnKyAoO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ch33zw1z
Jan 25, 2011
You traitors better stand at attention for that god damned anthem and show it the respect it deserves!

President Donald Trump has repeatedly said all Americans should “stand proudly” during the national anthem, and publicly chastises those who don’t as disrespectful of the troops.

But during the national anthem at his own Super Bowl watch party Sunday night, a brief video posted to Instagram shows Trump greeting guests, adjusting his chair, and straightening his suit jacket as other attendees — including first lady Melania Trump and their teenage son — stand with their hands over their hearts. As “The Star Spangled Banner” crescendoes, Trump raises both of his hands in the air, and twirls them around as if conducting the music.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i always knew kansas's biggest city was in missouri.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Ha ha ha ha. This is off the wall, from Ben Carson.
Wtf is wrong with this guy? Smart enough to become a Neurosurgeon, but dumb enough to carry water
for donny dollhands.

Trump ‘Is Not a Racist’ Because the ‘People Who Wash Dishes’ at Mar-a-Lago ‘Love Him,’ Says Ben Carson
"Housing Secretary Ben Carson said because non-white workers at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort “love him,” that proves the president is not a racist.

“He’s a man who is deeply driven by a sense of kindness and compassion,” Carson said. “You know, talking to the people who drive the cars and park the cars at Mar-a-Lago, they love him — the people who wash the dishes — because he’s kind and compassionate.”

Also at the event was NC Sen. Thom Tillis
"North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, who is up for reelection this year, was in attendance. Tillis, Trump said, is “a great friend except for a couple of minor disagreements," joking, "Of course, I won’t put up with it for long, Thom Tillis.”

Yeah, no. Cheeto wasn't joking.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hey....
Should democrats be worried?
Just look at the lines for blocks and blocks at Trump rallies?
Just look at the unity of republicans. Some 95% plus are with Donald Trump.
I think democrats damn well should be worried and VERY WORRIED.

People may say that Trump can only count on some 36 - 38 % of the America electorate as his base, but looking at those scary massive lines of Trumpie's at rally after rally makes me question that 38% as accurate.

And all the while, democrats seem so very divided.
So many are so undecided.
So much inner fighting going on.
The odds of total democratic meltdown is very high in my opinion.
If Bernie Sanders should fail to get the nomination will Sanders supporters be willing to switch over to a Joe Biden or to a Pete Buttigieg or to a Elizabeth Warren or to a billionaire democrat?
I DON'T THINK SO.
I think Sanders supporters will snub the election and not give a damn what democrats think, or not care about the risks of a Donald Trump second term.

And what about Pete Buttigieg?
Would blacks come out to vote for Pete if Pete is the nominee?
I DON'T THINK SO.

I have predicted, sadly predicted, a Donald Trump nationwide sweep on election day. Trump red from shore to shore.
I don't want that, you don't want that but.....
THOSE LINES!
THOSE MASSIVE LINES AT THOSE TRUMP RALLIES!
Is no one else very very worried?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hey....
Just look at the lines for blocks and blocks at Trump rallies?
Just look at the unity of republicans. Some 95% plus are with Donald Trump.
I think democrats damn well should be worried and VERY WORRIED.

People may say that Trump can only count on some 36 - 38 % of the America electorate as his base, but looking at those scary massive lines of Trumpie's at rally after rally makes me question that 38% as accurate.

And all the while, democrats seem so very divided.
So many are so undecided.
So much inner fighting going on.
The odds of total democratic meltdown is very high in my opinion.
If Bernie Sanders should fail to get the nomination will Sanders supporters be willing to switch over to a Joe Biden or to a Pete Buttigieg or to a Elizabeth Warren or to a billionaire democrat?
I DON'T THINK SO.
I think Sanders supporters will snub the election and not give a damn what democrats think, or not care about the risks of a Donald Trump second term.

And what about Pete Buttigieg?
Would blacks come out to vote for Pete if Pete is the nominee?
I DON'T THINK SO.

I have predicted, sadly predicted, a Donald Trump nationwide sweep on election day. Trump red from shore to shore.
I don't want that, you don't want that but.....
THOSE LINES!
THOSE MASSIVE LINES AT THOSE TRUMP RALLIES!
Is no one else very very worried?

I wouldn't be worried about the lines at Trump rallies, not unless they got dramatically larger.

Trump rallies are designed for the ultra-faithful, the people who've long since shut off their critical thinking skills. They have little to no appeal for anyone who's even remotely willing to question Trump's actions, including some Trump supporters.

I also think we overstate how the seeming chaos of the Democratic primaries will translate to the general election. Remember, whoever wins will be the country's best hope of deposing the Trump regime and restoring functional democracy. The question isn't so much whether or not the winner will unite factions, because they will. It's more a question of how well they'll unite those factions, and whether they'll be appealing enough to people beyond those who already leaned toward the Democrats.

There might just be that boost. Remember, if you're anything other than a white straight Christian, your main goal in 2020 is clearly to vote out Trump -- I suspect people anxious about Buttigieg or Biden would be willing to forgive some things knowing the alternative is much worse. And no matter how much Trump lies about Americans seeing an improvement under him, that won't matter much to someone who still doesn't have a better job, a meaningful pay increase or lower taxes.

This isn't to say the Dems are a lock by any means, but a lot can and will happen between now and November.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I can't believe this is still up. If I posted some copyrighted HBO content, they'd shut it down in minutes and I'd have letters in my mail the next day threatening to sue. Can't believe HBO is letting this go on. Nothing like the President breaking another law.

This is the post-republic era. Laws do not apply to Trump in any real sense except *maybe* if he did shoot someone in the street.

Jan 25, 2011
I can't believe this is still up. If I posted some copyrighted HBO content, they'd shut it down in minutes and I'd have letters in my mail the next day threatening to sue. Can't believe HBO is letting this go on. Nothing like the President breaking another law.
What I can believe is he posted it without having any basic understanding to what the video actually meant. Completely the opposite of what he's trying to convey.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
What I can believe is he posted it without having any basic understanding to what the video actually meant. Completely the opposite of what he's trying to convey.

Do you think he or the cultists care? It's just "owning the libs" but in reality, the libs are just shaking their heads at it. They have no sense of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.