Donald Trump 2019

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Why is this not being called out more? This is full on the type of language that the Nazis and KKK used. This might be the most pointed racist phrasing he's used as President. He's declaring that they don't even deserve consideration for asylum because they're not people but animals. What the fuck.

Oh, that's right, I was assured by people like UglyCassanova, someonesmind, Greenman, and many others that Turmp isn't racist and that its those calling out him demonizing Mexicans and hispanics (and black people, and Muslims, and hmm, they're right there totally isn't a recurring theme there...) that are the real racists!

Why? Because it's white noise at this point. He's said 100s of things 100s of times and this is just another one on the pile. It doesn't matter if its the least or most horrible thing. It's just another thing. He says so many, so fast, nobody can keep up. He's exhausted everyone, including news reporters. He's just shotgunned ignorant, stupid, bold face lies and racists statements since he started his campaign (and technically before) and there's literally no way to wrangle it all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why? Because it's white noise at this point. He's said 100s of things 100s of times and this is just another one on the pile. It doesn't matter if its the least or most horrible thing. It's just another thing. He says so many, so fast, nobody can keep up. He's exhausted everyone, including news reporters. He's just shotgunned ignorant, stupid, bold face lies and racists statements since he started his campaign (and technically before) and there's literally no way to wrangle it all.

It's a Russian disinformation technique called the fire hose of falsehood-

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/08/trump-nonstop-lies/

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm not giving him that much credit. I don't believe this is a "gameplan" he's come up with or is following. I just believe he's a grade-A moron and lies and cheats and bullshits his way through everything. Sometimes knowingly and sometimes just out of pure complete stupidity.

Just because you don't understand how the mind of the world's greatest con artiste actually works doesn't mean he's stupid. He just tries to make it look that way. If there were no method to his madness he wouldn't be where he is today.

Never underestimate the effect of the con on susceptible minds, including your own.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Just because you don't understand how the mind of the world's greatest con artiste actually works doesn't mean he's stupid. He just tries to make it look that way. If there were no method to his madness he wouldn't be where he is today.

Never underestimate the effect of the con on susceptible minds, including your own.

Sorry. I just take the other side of the argument. I simply don't believe he's that smart. I mean I will attribute some of it to him "playing a game" but there's no way even the smartest person and best actor could be this stupid for so long. A good portion of it HAS to be because he is TRULY stupid/senile/crazy/fucking-asshole.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
She's being deported back to France.

Trump has been molesting and raping her since he took office, mostly because she's a Democrat.

What's so sick (in a bad way) about his habit for insisting on having his way any way he wants it is that his supporters have been cheering and prodding him on as they watch him perpetrating this most abhorrent and despicable act.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I'm not giving him that much credit. I don't believe this is a "gameplan" he's come up with or is following. I just believe he's a grade-A moron and lies and cheats and bullshits his way through everything. Sometimes knowingly and sometimes just out of pure complete stupidity.

Well, it may not be "his" game plan, but something strange is afoot. My fear is that we ("Resistance"/Media/Dems etc.) have been so focused on Things Trump Says/Does that we're missing the forest from the trees--why does he have so many enablers within the GOP? How did the establishment move so suddenly from "Never Trump" to full on MAGA heads? If Trump is so easily manipulated by everyone, so are GOP lawmakers and donors just using this administration to further their own agendas?

LurchFrinky

Nov 12, 2003

No, I'm pretty sure he is stupid. There is ample evidence to support that it is actual stupidity and not 'fake' stupidity.
Also, his temper tantrums indicate that he is definitely not in control. He doesn't have a good understanding of what his words or actions mean and gets frustrated when stuff doesn't work out.

There are many people being taken by him, but I attribute his rise to power largely being in the right place at the right time. He is a crowd pleaser and people can't seem to turn away, but he doesn't have any real leadership or tactical skills, just being a bully and lying about it.

Reactions: Homerboy

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, I'm pretty sure he is stupid. There is ample evidence to support that it is actual stupidity and not 'fake' stupidity.
Also, his temper tantrums indicate that he is definitely not in control. He doesn't have a good understanding of what his words or actions mean and gets frustrated when stuff doesn't work out.

There are many people being taken by him, but I attribute his rise to power largely being in the right place at the right time. He is a crowd pleaser and people can't seem to turn away, but he doesn't have any real leadership or tactical skills, just being a bully and lying about it.

You don't understand the nature of the relationship between a con artist & his marks. It's not like Great Whites are very smart but they're still at the top of the foodchain. Con artists work at an instinctive level as well. Their understanding of the world is a very different thing from the rest of us.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump’s ‘truly bizarre’ visit to Mt. Vernon

During a guided tour of Mount Vernon last April with French president Emmanuel Macron, Trump learned that Washington was one of the major real-estate speculators of his era. So, he couldn’t understand why America’s first president didn’t name his historic Virginia compound or any of the other property he acquired after himself.

“If he was smart, he would’ve put his name on it,” Trump said, according to three sources briefed on the exchange. “You’ve got to put your name on stuff or no one remembers you.”

Trump asked whether Washington was "really rich," according to a second person familiar with the visit. In fact, Washington was either the wealthiest or among the wealthiest Americans of his time, thanks largely to his mini real estate empire.

“That is what Trump was really the most excited about,” this person said.

If Trump was impressed with Washington’s real estate instincts, he was less taken by Mount Vernon itself, which the first president personally expanded from a modest one-and-a-half story home into an 11,000 square foot mansion. The rooms, Trump said, were too small, the staircases too narrow, and he even spotted some unevenness in the floorboards, according to four sources briefed on his comments. He could have built the place better, he said, and for less money.

Also being a moron as virtuous in the service of owning the libs is pretty awesome:

“His supporters don't care, and if anything they enjoy the fact that the liberal snobs are upset” that he doesn’t know much history, this person said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/10/donald-trump-mount-vernon-george-washington-1264073

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
This makes me laugh, that the president of the USA posted some random video from the internet that he clearly didn't have the rights to.

saw this yesterday too. I don't even get how using copyrighted music "slips by" anyone nowadays. I'm not sure who exactly made the video though. Was it some professional (and therefore really shitty at their job) or was it some MAGA hat zombie that is just good at the cyber (and therefore Trump is really stupid for retweeting)

Walaanehh

Apr 10, 2019
MAGA and DOW Jones 25000 is total nonsense

Jeff Bezos has $100 billion. How much do Americans get ??

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Let's consider a few questions concerning Trump:

Discounting his wealth, what are his other redeeming qualities that would make a parent proud to have him as a son-in-law? Is it his dishonesty? His narcissism? His racism? His lack of morals? His being a pathological liar? His wont for being adulterous? His being a heathen and an idolater of the dictator Putin of whom represents one of the greatest threats to the democratically led nations of the world?

If not for his wealth, would he have been able to qualify for the colleges he went to?

If not for his wealth, would he have been drafted into service like so many other men of his era?

If not for his wealth, what other notable qualities that he possesses would have given him the ability to win above all others the highest position our nation can bestow on a person? That he is a totalitarian attempting to run a democracy like a totalitarian state? That he is a self-promoting self-interested braggart whose visions of grandeur is only exceeded by his incompetence?

I mean really. So what's so good and rewarding about him that will allow him to get reelected?