• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

dog just bit me!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
15,062
90
91
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
what i've heard about chocolate is that it isn't any more poisonous to them than it is to us, it's just that because of their body weight, it takes less to poison them than it does for us. if you've got a 15 pound terrier or whatever, every bite he takes is like 10-15 human bites. so you gotta watch em but a few bites won't kill them.
wrong, it contains a chemical that they can't handle. just look it up:p its not an old wives tale.
i always thought it was...but i guess i was wrong! thanks for clearing that up 0roo0roo
 

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
1,160
0
0
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
what i've heard about chocolate is that it isn't any more poisonous to them than it is to us, it's just that because of their body weight, it takes less to poison them than it does for us. if you've got a 15 pound terrier or whatever, every bite he takes is like 10-15 human bites. so you gotta watch em but a few bites won't kill them.
wrong, it contains a chemical that they can't handle. just look it up:p its not an old wives tale.
i always thought it was...but i guess i was wrong! thanks for clearing that up 0roo0roo
Nope, chocolate is bad for all dogs, although how much chocolate it takes to affect a dog varies based on breed / size. Mutts tend to do better with it than purebreds.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY