Dog eats $800.....returns $700

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
:shocked:

(KARE-TV) - You won't see a halo over Pepper Ann's head.

Not that the eight-year-old Lab-German shorthair mix isn't loveable, it's just that see seems to find trouble without even trying.

"She's always been naughty, and when she was little it was 'you're lucky you're so cute, you'd be gone otherwise.' But she's just a cute little dog. She has personality, but she has issues also," owner Debbie Hulleman said.

One of those issues is a tendency to swallow anything that fits in her mouth.

"She's eaten lipstick, so lipstick gets all over the carpet, ball point pens all over the carpet, toothpaste, shampoo," Hulleman recalled. "She's done a lot, Kleenex, she'll eat a whole box of Kleenex if she can get it."

Recently, Pepper Ann topped even those feats. She and her sibling Zach were at Grandma's house, while Debbie and her husband were on vacation. Grandma had a friend over, who left a purse on the ground despite instructions not to leave anything in Pepper Ann's reach.

When the two women woke up, the dog had dug into the purse, and devoured more than $800 cash.

Some pieces were spread around the house ? and some were left in the backyard, after Peppy swallowed the money and did her business.

"Pretty soon (I) came to a pile, that had a fifty dollar bill hanging out, part of a fifty, and I said 'gosh, look at that,'" Hulleman laughed. "There were lots of piles with money hanging out there, so I had to save it, rinse it, strain it."

The dog owner taped together the remnants she recovered, and swapped the mangled bills for more than $700 bucks worth of fresh currency at a local bank.

Hulleman is hanging on to half a one hundred dollar bill, in hopes she will recover the other portion. She is less optimistic that Pepper Ann will turn over a new leaf.

"She goes from room to room, looking to get into trouble."

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: G Wizard
it wouldve been cooler if the dog wouldve returned $1000.00
:D
reminds me of a line from 'grumpier old men':

[after Allie swallows a quarter]
Grandpa: Relax. Kids swallow quarters all the time.
Melanie: Really?
Grandpa: Sure. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel, then you can start worrying.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Safeway
I can't believe the bank took ***** bills.

They have to, at least they did when I worked at one. We used to keep the mutilated money in the vault until we had 100 of whatever denomination it was so it could be turned in to the fed.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Bank: So what exactly happened to your money?

Woman: Well my dog ate it.

now if you were a bank teller, would ou belive this story?

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
51% of a $100 = $100
49% or less of $100 = $0

That's the way it works.

My dog chewed up my camera and screwdriver just last night.

AsianriceX

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
Originally posted by: jagec
51% of a $100 = $100
49% or less of $100 = $0

That's the way it works.

My dog chewed up my camera and screwdriver just last night.

And for those that need proof:
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara...dx_02/31cfr100_02.html

Section 100.5

(a) Lawfully held paper currency of the United States which has been
mutilated will be exchanged at face amount if clearly more than one-half
of the original whole note remains.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Linflas
Originally posted by: Safeway
I can't believe the bank took ***** bills.

They have to, at least they did when I worked at one. We used to keep the mutilated money in the vault until we had 100 of whatever denomination it was so it could be turned in to the fed.

Yeah I believe there's federal law surrounding this, basically what was mentioned about 51% of the bill=100% anything less=0.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Egads, I am sticking to new bills and debit card transactions until I forget about this story...

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
HaHa!
Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago, only it was just a $50 bill.
I had opened my "stash" compartment in my wallet and accidentally let a $50 bill fall out without noticing it. My Min. Pinscher apparently grabbed it and took it to his favorite hiding spot, under the bed in the master bedroom.
It was a few days later when my wife showed me a few pieces of the bill and asked if I was missing a $50 bill. I looked and sure enough, I had a $50 bill missing.
She taped all the tiny pieces he hadn't swallowed and took it to the bank, unfortunately, there was just a fraction less than half, so I didn't get my 50 back.
I didn't bother to check his dookie, although my wife did so, and quite painstakingly at that, for over a month after that!
She never found enough (none actually) to add to the portion she already taped.