Doesnt World of Warcraft Suck?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm telling you that casual gear has and continues to scale. I'm sorry that you stopped playing before GoD. Maybe you should stop talking about a game whose workings you are no longer familiar with? I've shown casual advancement. Yes, there is a wall. Eventually. Just as raiders reach a wall. The wall for casuals is far beyond the gear required for any single group encounters and the vast majority of past raid encounters.

In the past there was casual advancement. In the present there is casual advancement. The difficulty of 54 man raids in EQ is vastly higher than any single group content in EQ. This is why the scale has remained where it is.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Well if you won't address my points I suppose we're done. I'm glad you still enjoy the game, I wish there were something currently available which I liked. Hopefully soon.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
What point have I not addressed?

I've addressed the gear gap.
I've addressed casual progression.
I've addressed the wrong assumption that velious/luclin (I didn't even have to bring up focus effects and FT. Talk about ginormous gap for casters) was the perfect balance and that the large gap has existed since the game released.

I haven't played EQ for going on 2 months now. I don't have the time to commit to it. So I don't play it. I don't complain that things should be given to me because I have lower play time (not saying you do, but a large portion of casuals do.) I play WoW whenever I can throw the time at it. The gear gap in WoW is just as bad as EQ's ever was. A fully epicced player can take out a blue/green mix person without breaking a damn sweat.

You're arguing over an old game. Your information is outdated. I've shown you NEW policies/places where a casual can gear up like a madman. Open your eyes.

"I hate living in the United States. Women can't even vote! Prohibition took away our alcohol, how absurd!"

All those things USED to be true. Try arguing them now. It doensn't work. Things change and you aren't willing to accept the fact that SOE has implented a plethora of content casuals can progress through, gear up, get new abilities/spells while having challenge and fun. Depths of Dark Hollows has some great progression content. Go read up and come back to me.

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
I like WoW. I have a lvl 60 Undead Rogue on Shadow Moon that is in all blue kit. PvP in WoW is nice if you like hunting people in contested territories. PvP in BattleGrounds is much like Unreal Tournament with a loot mod, if you like that sort of thing it's addictive.

EVE is a great MMO. WoW players will find it easy to convert to EVE or visa versa. EVE is not for the light of heart because there is risk vs reward. However, it is not as hard as Malak makes it out to be. There a tons of things to do you just have to have imagination. Problem with most people who try to sum EVE up is that it only shows their lack of creativity and their lvl 5 skill of talking out their a$$.

EVE is bar far the most immersive game I have played MMO wise. WoW would ring up as a solid second. SWG before November 15th would be a favored for third while CoH/CoV and Anarchy Online would be limping in 4th and 5th place for sure. Guild Wars kind of ducks and weaves through 2/3/4/5 places with notable features.

If you want an instant fun factor game CoH/CoV is where it is at. If you want an epic journey then EVE is top tier. If you want a combination then WoW is hard to beat. Guild Wars is by far the best free_per_month MMO experiences on the market. EVE is the only said game that doesn't run playable on Linux Cedega Emulation however.

Fistandantilis

Aug 29, 2004
Well, I dont think that it sux but I was totally not impressed...just not my kind of game. HOWEVER, I can appreciate the way that some people "love" it.