Does UPS ship to apartments

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I know I ask shipping questions all the time but UPS.com didn't help at all, neither did Google.

I think it does, I know PO boxes are a no-no, but not sure about apartments.

Tanks in advance

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Yes.

There are plenty people ranting here about UPS screwing up their delivery to their apartments.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
yes

why would they discriminate against people living in apartment. NYC has more people living in apartments than houses.

fallensight

Apr 12, 2006
Yes. Usually when I wasnt home, they would leave it at the complex manager's office for pick up. Never came back to a box outside the door.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
Originally posted by: fallensight
Yes. Usually when I wasnt home, they would leave it at the complex manager's office for pick up. Never came back to a box outside the door.

If there's not a manager or office on site, they just leave the missed delivery note and try again the next day. If you miss them three times, you have to go to the distribution center and pick it up yourself. I think they give you a week or something, then they ship it back to the person that sent it.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: wiredspider
No, people in apartments are not allowed to get regular US mail or UPS deliveries.

hehe...

Correct. Since apartment tenants do not actually own any property they are not full citizens. As such, they do not enjoy such benefits as US mail, government subsidies, and the ability to vote.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
When I lived in an apartment, if I was not home when the UPS driver came buy, they would not deliver, and usually I would call them up & have it held at the UPS facility to pickup.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
They deliver to my apartment.

The way my apartment is set up I have some entry way that leads to stairs and each landing has another door leading to a foyer with four units in each foyer. So I feel it is relatively safe for them to drop off a package. I also get along with my neighbors so I suppose I am somewhat fortunate in that I trust them enough not to run off with my goods.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
If you don't want it left, just be sure you contact UPS and make sure that they have that on your record. Otherwise they'll just dump it somewhere and you have to hope it's there when you get home.

UPS even just dumps things on my porch if I'm home. THey don't ring the doorbell or anything. That pisses me off.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Someone has to be there for it. It's happening to me right now. I came home last night to find a sticker for me on the building door. I called them today and got them to reschedule for tomorrow. My neighbor will be home to wait for them.