Does this stock analyst have a clue about AMD?

Batmeat

Feb 1, 2011
Hmm. Makes me wonder if he got paid to write a negative analysis. Clearly he isn’t that educated on the semi conductor market , or perhaps he’s basing past experience to predict the future ?

Reactions: JTaylor2005

JTaylor2005

Nov 27, 2018
It's crazy how someone as random as that can have such an effect on a companies ability to grow. When that article was released the share prices fell $2.40! From one randomer that think's he knows it all :O

Reactions: Mike64

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
AMD's stock (and tech stocks in general, I assume) don't react rationally. When Polaris launched, AMD got a big boost. Now, Polaris wasn't bad (I liked my RX 480), but it wasn't great and didn't touch the high-end. Then when Ryzen launched and surpassed basically all expectations (even AMD's), the price dropped.

maddie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2010
It's crazy how someone as random as that can have such an effect on a companies ability to grow. When that article was released the share prices fell $2.40! From one randomer that think's he knows it all :O
Maybe that is what they wanted.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
all of those articles from seeking alpha are written by know nothings who just want click bait. not just about amd, but for anything. beware!

Aug 11, 2008
Actually a lot of it makes sense. The price is very high compared to the minuscule earnings, and a huge amount of growth has already been priced in. The only advantage their cpus have is a cheap price, and the gpu business in in shambles. The only thing I disagree with is the recommendation to buy nVidia or Intel. I would avoid all three. Intel has serious problems, and nVidia and AMD have both already gone to the stratosphere.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Don't listen to stock analysts, especially when they discuss tech stocks. The only thing they understand is the business side of things. They might be able to accurately predict capital flows and sales, but their opinions about the technical merits of products are often . . . shall we say, misguided. So when a company releases a really good product, that product can shake up the market and dramatically shift sales/capital flows, which causes said stock analysts to look like idiots after the fact. At best, the Seeking Alpha guy is writing based on AMD product/sales performance from a period over the last 3-5 years. As we all know, anything having to do with AMD before 2017 is a mess.

The only advantage their cpus have is a cheap price.

You, sir, have a promising career ahead of you as a stock analyst.

piesquared

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2006
Does this forum sub have 'stock' or 'investor' anywhere in the title? Far as I can tell this is supposed to be a technology forum, i think the sub you are looking for is further down the page.