does this site load for you ?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
http://www.mysongbook.com/

I think there's a router down somewhere right now... my webhost at readyhosting.com is down along with a few of my sites hosted there... and now just a random site I needed to get to (above) isn't working when supposed to.

What's up ? Anyone else notice a few downed sites ?

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Nope

Z:\>tracert mysongbook.com
Unable to resolve target system name mysongbook.com.

Z:\>nslookup
Default Server: <edited>
Address: 10.0.0.2

> mysongbook.com
Server: <edited>
Address: 10.0.0.2

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.

Houston, we have a problem.........

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: DurocShark
Does it ping for you?
Doesn't even resolve... DNS possibly ? (My troubleshooting skills have declined). If it's not working for you, then it's not just my ISPs DNS servers..

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I've read a lot about readyhosting.com

What price do you pay and how much disk space/bandwidth do you get?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Readyhosting is up on CNETs top 5 list for a good reason... VALUE. They offer 500mb space along with PHP, ASP, and CF support, unmetered bandwidth, and much more for $99/yr. Compared to other hosts... others want $20/mo. for CF support and it only comes with about 100-200MB space. That gives you an idea of how far above they are everyone else with what they offer. Take a look at their one-plan page (when it comes back).

Their only downside is page response time (at least when I hit CF or PHP pages). It depends on your intention with the site. If you're just a developer who likes to play.. they're for you. (Careful about PHP though... they have no plans to upgrade from v4.0.6 when I inquired). Anyway, if you're running a business or hosting pics, etc... you may want to look elsewhere.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Does http://www.readyhosting.com resolve ? Are there global DNS server issues ? Router ? What can it be ?

EDIT>>> mysongbook.com isn't supposed to be hosted with readyhosting. So it's not seemingly a local issue.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Readyhosting is up on CNETs top 5 list for a good reason... VALUE. They offer 500mb space along with PHP, ASP, and CF support, unmetered bandwidth, and much more for $99/yr. Compared to other hosts... others want $20/mo. for CF support and it only comes with about 100-200MB space. That gives you an idea of how far above they are everyone else with what they offer. Take a look at their one-plan page (when it comes back).

Their only downside is page response time (at least when I hit CF or PHP pages). It depends on your intention with the site. If you're just a developer who likes to play.. they're for you. (Careful about PHP though... they have no plans to upgrade from v4.0.6 when I inquired). Anyway, if you're running a business or hosting pics, etc... you may want to look elsewhere.

Yep that's a good value, when it works properly :)

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001

Take a look at their one-plan page (when it comes back).

That phrase right there is enough to make them lose their customers. If they are a CNET top 5, and with that big of a name, then why the heck are they down? :confused:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: TheToOTaLL

Take a look at their one-plan page (when it comes back).

That phrase right there is enough to make them lose their customers. If they are a CNET top 5, and with that big of a name, then why the heck are they down? :confused:
Yeah they've been up on that list for the reason of being a nice money-saver. I'm reading the webhostingtalk forums and readyhosting has been down for 5+ hours already. Major problems. :( Someone says it was this bad 1.5 years ago and he's been around for 4 years... so not terrible.